Emulation V.Smile on MAME - Current Retroarch core crashing.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to emulate V.Smile games with Retroarch using MAME - Current core with an Android. When I try to load it, it crashes. How can I fix it? The V.Smile BIOS and the rom I’m using is in the same directory btw. MAME version is 0.251.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to emulate V.Smile games with Retroarch using MAME - Current core with an Android. When I try to load it, it crashes. How can I fix it? The V.Smile BIOS and the rom I’m using is in the same directory btw. MAME version is 0.251.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
The ZIP file containing the V.Smile BIOS must be placed in the "roms" sub-directory.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The ZIP file containing the V.Smile BIOS must be placed in the "roms" sub-directory.
They are.
Post automatically merged:

NEVER MIND I GOT IT FIXED
Post automatically merged:

I fixed it.
1. Put your “vsmile.zip” in the roms directory or wherever you put your MAME/MESS roms. The file inside the zip file MUST have “vsmile_v103.bin” in it.
2. Obtain the rom you want to use (go find it yourself. I’m not helping you with that).
3. Make a folder in the roms directory called “VSmile” and put your rom in there. You may need to rename things in and out of the zip file. Go to http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/lista_mess.php and type “V.Smile” in the “System” box, and then find the game you want to use. Click on it and then scroll down to where to see “XML”. Click on that and then copy the “software name” text as your zip file name and the “rom name” text as the file name inside of the zip.
4. Load MESS - Current core and locate the zip file (not the bios) and start it.
I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Last edited by Ghost64,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.