Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone,
I have done several pico installs on working switch consoles no problem.
This candidate i bought "broken". Broken in this case means: Console works fine when docked, but no picture in Handheld. Backlight seems to be on.
I tried repairing it to no avail, i put in another consoles mainboard even. Still nothing. Checked filters etc.. nothing. But thats okay, i thought, i only play docked anyways.

Next step was installing a picofly which went okay i think, but now i am not getting a picture when docked anymore. Here are some hints:

1. When i turn on the console the picofly lights up blue and starts glowing with different intensities. Then it flashes yellowish/white and thats it. I can see that the backlight is on (you can see the back of the screen near the hole for the right speaker. I can not turn off the console with a short power button press. I have to hold it for it to fully turn off.

2. Everything is the same as above but i unplugged the SD card/reader with the payload on it. The only difference here is i can now use the power button to turn the console on and off quickly. Same thing if only delete the payload

3. I disconnect the pico (im using flexcables) and put the emmc module back into its slot. console works again in docked mode.

What is going on here? Am i stuck on the hekate screen? Does that not show when docked? I can not really see anything. Does Hekate not give any feedback? Fairly certain that i am stuck in that screen, because it makes a difference if there is a payload or not. Any way i can skip the hekate screen by configuring an autoboot to atmosphere in the hekate_ipl?
EDIT: I edited the ini file and changed it to autoboot. I can definitely see the console do something and then hard crash. Have to hold the power button. Trying to troubleshoot this without vision is hell xd
I also noticed a folder called warmboot_mariko on the sd card which contains a bin file called wb_12.bin

Hope you guys can help me out
All the best

edited in more details

Last edited by antimatter,

antimatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe it won't show anything outside of Horizon OS, as it won't show anything on the screen when docked inside hekate.
I think i am kinda screwed. I am 99.9% sure that when i set hekate to autoboot it ends up in a hard crash (hold power button for x seconds). If i dont set autoboot, i can see that the screen is on, and i am surely on hekate but can not see shit to do anything.
with no sd card i can only see, what i think is the insert sd card screen, which i can turn on/off no problem

I also noticed a folder called warmboot_mariko on the sd card which contains a bin file called wb_12.bin

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i am kinda screwed. I am 99.9% sure that when i set hekate to autoboot it ends up in a hard crash (hold power button for x seconds). If i dont set autoboot, i can see that the screen is on, and i am surely on hekate but can not see shit to do anything.
with no sd card i can only see, what i think is the insert sd card screen, which i can turn on/off no problem

I believe you can use hekate autoboot feature, you just have to specify which boot entry for hekate to use.

autoboot=0 0: Disable, #: Boot entry number to auto boot.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

For example if you want to autoboot you need to set autoboot=1

antimatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yea i can confirm now by cycling through the autboots that the OFW works but atmosphere crashes and locks the console

halp please
For future readers.
My screen was broken. I could see the console boot into hekate. If i selected an autoboot, it would either boot into stock os or crash when booting atmosphere, because the sd card was formatted exfat. everything works fine now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...