Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone,
I have done several pico installs on working switch consoles no problem.
This candidate i bought "broken". Broken in this case means: Console works fine when docked, but no picture in Handheld. Backlight seems to be on.
I tried repairing it to no avail, i put in another consoles mainboard even. Still nothing. Checked filters etc.. nothing. But thats okay, i thought, i only play docked anyways.

Next step was installing a picofly which went okay i think, but now i am not getting a picture when docked anymore. Here are some hints:

1. When i turn on the console the picofly lights up blue and starts glowing with different intensities. Then it flashes yellowish/white and thats it. I can see that the backlight is on (you can see the back of the screen near the hole for the right speaker. I can not turn off the console with a short power button press. I have to hold it for it to fully turn off.

2. Everything is the same as above but i unplugged the SD card/reader with the payload on it. The only difference here is i can now use the power button to turn the console on and off quickly. Same thing if only delete the payload

3. I disconnect the pico (im using flexcables) and put the emmc module back into its slot. console works again in docked mode.

What is going on here? Am i stuck on the hekate screen? Does that not show when docked? I can not really see anything. Does Hekate not give any feedback? Fairly certain that i am stuck in that screen, because it makes a difference if there is a payload or not. Any way i can skip the hekate screen by configuring an autoboot to atmosphere in the hekate_ipl?
EDIT: I edited the ini file and changed it to autoboot. I can definitely see the console do something and then hard crash. Have to hold the power button. Trying to troubleshoot this without vision is hell xd
I also noticed a folder called warmboot_mariko on the sd card which contains a bin file called wb_12.bin

Hope you guys can help me out
All the best

edited in more details

Last edited by antimatter,

antimatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe it won't show anything outside of Horizon OS, as it won't show anything on the screen when docked inside hekate.
I think i am kinda screwed. I am 99.9% sure that when i set hekate to autoboot it ends up in a hard crash (hold power button for x seconds). If i dont set autoboot, i can see that the screen is on, and i am surely on hekate but can not see shit to do anything.
with no sd card i can only see, what i think is the insert sd card screen, which i can turn on/off no problem

I also noticed a folder called warmboot_mariko on the sd card which contains a bin file called wb_12.bin

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i am kinda screwed. I am 99.9% sure that when i set hekate to autoboot it ends up in a hard crash (hold power button for x seconds). If i dont set autoboot, i can see that the screen is on, and i am surely on hekate but can not see shit to do anything.
with no sd card i can only see, what i think is the insert sd card screen, which i can turn on/off no problem

I believe you can use hekate autoboot feature, you just have to specify which boot entry for hekate to use.

autoboot=0 0: Disable, #: Boot entry number to auto boot.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

For example if you want to autoboot you need to set autoboot=1

antimatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yea i can confirm now by cycling through the autboots that the OFW works but atmosphere crashes and locks the console

halp please
For future readers.
My screen was broken. I could see the console boot into hekate. If i selected an autoboot, it would either boot into stock os or crash when booting atmosphere, because the sd card was formatted exfat. everything works fine now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1