OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
upload_2020-4-22_21-12-47.png

Nobody said it would be possible, but we might actually have a leak worse than the Half-Life 2 leak from 2003. As of today, several of Valve's projects have been leaked, including the source code to Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO. All of these things (and more) were posted on 4chan as a torrent file.

With the source code being out in the wild, remote code execution is possible, leaving your computer vulnerable just by playing any Source multiplayer games. To anyone who:
  • Wants to keep their Steam account safe (with speculations that the API has been hacked, unconfirmed)
  • Opened / extracted / downloaded the contents of the torrent file
  • Played Team Fortress 2 or CS:GO today
  1. Either delete or archive the torrent's contents right now, we don't know if it's malicious in any way.
  2. Log out from Steam and enable the 2FA check on your phone.
  3. Under any sirconstances, DO NOT play Team Fortress 2 or CS:GO, since those are the main games that may already have very dangerous exploits active.
  4. If you are unsure, disconnect your computer from the internet or isolate it. In worst cases, unplug your router.
A readup was created by @JaycieErysdren on Twitter. I'd recommend you to give that a read instead, as a lot of bullcrap is being spread around already. We don't know the true facts yet.
Failed to fetch tweet 1253004940001398785
Can this get any worse than it already is?

Last edited by MaxiBash,
D

Deleted User

HOLY SH** THIS IF FREAKING BIG!...... May Unused and The Holy Gaben Land Be Revealed to us poor peseants!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This could get interesting. Do like a good source code leak too.

I shall await a cursory analysis of the code as I am way too lazy to bother doing that myself right now.

Analysis of the anti cheat is something I should be interested to see, though I also imagine that it will probably be more basic.

JessicaBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this! Probably that explains, why it seems to me like some of my skins disappeared. I started to notice the some I don’t have anymore some of the skins I earned during the game process. Well… I’ll try to follow the instructions. Hopefully, it will help me at least stop making them disappear. I’m not sure if this will help me to return at least some of them. My friend recently shared with me an interesting thing about csgo skins. He told me that it is even possible to sell one of them and get real money for it. That's why it is a bit frustrating why they disappeared.

Last edited by JessicaBaker,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing TF2 for many years, at a competitive level, and I can't even count how many times I've had to stay away from the game because of horrible exploits threatening players. It's juuust fantastic.

Reactions: Stealphie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH