Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
hello all!

I think this is the right place to drop a random tidbit of scrumptous science tasting destruction! You see, Ive just recently built a coilgun; a rather science-y-device that uses electromagnetism to propell a ferromagnetic projectile from a barrel.

Wikipedia:

" coilgun is a type of projectile accelerator that uses one or more electromagnetic coils to accelerate a magnetic projectile to high velocity. Coilguns accelerate the projectile using contactless means. The name Gauss gun is sometimes used for such devices in reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss, who formulated mathematical descriptions of the electromagnetic effect used by magnetic accelerators.

Coilguns consist of one or more coils arranged along the barrel that are switched in sequence so as to ensure that the projectile is accelerated quickly along the barrel via magnetic forces. Because coilguns have no sliding contact, no wear or erosion occurs to the barrel, and the working life of a coilgun is potentially infinite. In this way, coilguns are distinct from railguns, which pass a large current through the projectile or sabot via sliding contacts."

here is the video I just finished that showcases my most recent creations:

(if the link isnt up when u are reading: heres the direct link: coilgun Vid
enjoy!

PS its a science toy not a gun
wink2.gif

vapour99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
ya gotta post that on youtube cause damn! its HUGE and gad the smoke XD great idea

update: I just spraypainted the "rifle" black and am designing a "Warning" decal for the gun

it looks much cooler now, Ill have to post a follow-up in the near future

when I watch tthe vid I posted only yesterday, the rifle looks so yucky compared to the new paintjob

Now, It was compard to the "logan's run pistol"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk