Hardware "virginize" a 3ds

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a 3ds i need repaired is there a way to virignize it to make it look clean so i can send it to ninty for repair? if there is can someone link me or to a guide or guide me through it?

Julizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is not completely possible afaik even less if A9LH or BootStrap9 is installed. You can remove every unoffical title and A9LH/BS9 and hope that Nintendo overlooks the previous modifications. I even heard a story where someone bricked his N3DS as A9LH was new and he got a new one from Nintendo by warranty.

DarkShinigami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in theory my only option would be to wipe the 3ds to make it look clean.. hmmm. i could say i bought it from someone through something like craigslist if asked.... might get a little more mileage.

Julizi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's kinda difficult. If a technican wants to find the modifications he will, but mostly as long it is not obvious they do not want to because they just want to get their job done. As I said you can be lucky and unlucky. Maybe you should repair it yourself or ask someone else so that you do not have to take that risk.

DarkShinigami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda difficult. If a technican wants to find the modifications he will, but mostly as long it is not obvious they do not want to because they just want to get their job done. As I said you can be lucky and unlucky. Maybe you should repair it yourself or ask someone else so that you do not have to take that risk.
see thing is i tried to find someone to repair it since i have to confidence to do it but i couldnt find anyone

https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw.html

Try this, and I don't know but, would factory reset be an option?

i dont care if i factory reset it. the issue seems to be on the internals. its a damaged ribbon cable and only able to stay on for 30 minutes tops before it makes a loud pop and turns off.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
i dont care if i factory reset it. the issue seems to be on the internals. its a damaged ribbon cable and only able to stay on for 30 minutes tops before it makes a loud pop and turns off.
If you're able to follow the guide quick enough, I guess you may be able to remove CFW completely, then try a factory reset?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: