Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The PAL version works on PAL and NTSC/U consoles
The NTSC/U version works on PAL and NTSC/U consoles
The NTSC/J version is region locked to Japanese consoles

http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_c...tibility_guide/

So many of the games I see say NTSC or PAL. But when in truth it's region free, it's a NTSC/U dump but will run on US, EU, JP, Asia -including AU- and whatever else I missed (Assuming you're using HD source instead of SD)

I have yet to see a Japanese verion game that's region free, it's always the English version that's region free.
Understandable since more people speak English than Japanese in the world, but some games really suck horribly due to bad voice acting, and comes with only dubbed English voices -especially games that come out multiplatform with DVD5 consoles-
And some games don't even come out outside of Japan, so can't really play it due to region lock until it's region cracked or released in this side of the world.

This one, is probably region free, which means you'll see some impatient Japanese pirates online, who can't wait till December to get the Japanese version.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This one, is probably region free, which means you'll see some impatient Japanese pirates online, who can't wait till December to get the Japanese version.

I've always found xbox-sky's compatibility list to be 100% accurate. They say PAL VF5 won't work on a Jap console, so If you have a Jap 360 I'd say wait a while to be sure.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ended up convincing myself after playing the demo again. The only thing I know about the VF series is my boy Kage rocks.
biggrin.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never looked at VF5 for PS3 because there's Tekken 5 DR.

PS3 VF5 = ver 5b
360 VF5 = ver 5c + online

It's probably not too hard to update minor builds via downloads, but as of today I have to go for 360 version.

I doubt it would be that easy. You must remember that the game employs completely different render paths on the PS3 and 360 respectively. There's no incentive for Sega to bother with the OpenGL render path at this point unless they're planning to use the engine for something else (which is possible, but doubtful).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land