jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Virtua Fighter 5 for xbox360 just hit newsgroups.
Code:
Virtua Fighter 5 XBOX360-ACE

I'm looking forward to this one. I loved the original Virtua Fighter in the arcades and I bought it for 32x, but I never played any of the others (apart from quick blast on VF2 in a dingy arcade in Whitley Bay). Is this really as good as people are saying?

I've been playing Tekken, DoA and Sould Calibur for so long now, it's time for me to see what all the fuss is about.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Poor PS3 users, stabbed in the back. I bet it even looks better on 360, has online support and more fighters....
Poor PS3 users....

Still, I never quite got the gameplay of the series, most people say that it's a lot more tactical than Tekken, but I don't know, I just don't like to press a button just to cover myself from the blows.
Tekken 4 was probably a button masher, but Tekken 5/DR are really tactical on their gameplay.

But I would still prefer this game over DOA.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half way through my download now, I'm interested to see if a PS3 to 360 title is better than a 360 to PS3 game. It'll be funny if it looked better.

I do prefer the likes of Soul Calibur & DOA for 3D fighting, but I do like VF games. Never got on with Tekken sadly.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the demo looked better already then the ps3
biggrin.gif

my download is nearly finished, some great games for 360 this week. i hope guitar hero 3 is next.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Always preffered Tekken myself (probably cuz I'm the master at it
tongue.gif
) but will defo pick this up too, looks excellent and deep down I know it's the better fighting game (technically) and more realistic. I'm glad the players don't look as plastic-ey as they did in earlier screens.
Now I just need Jericho and Ace Combat to hit as I'm off for 3 days after tonight and they will all make for one happy Thug!

the AMPTOR = the SILLY!!! amptor we must play online vs so I can redeem myself from our DOA4 battles! I reckon this will run MUCH smoother online as theres no viewer crap etc. Just 1vs1 afaik.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah ace combat 6 = win. I want that one a lot more than this crummy sega title lol. Well if I get this on a disc we can try it I guess but I didn't like the previous VF games at all hahah. I thought Toshinden was better and that's actually sad after I went back and saw how horrible they were. Actually VF on Dreamcast (or was it PS2?) was neat. But I still like DOA better and it has nice bouncies ;o

What we need to do is play AC6 online, that'd be pretty cool but I'm not sure if they have LAF planes in it (limey air force)
biggrin.gif
Hey do you have TF2? we should play that, that game is tight.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have never been a fan of the Virtua Fighter series, but I did check out the demo for 5. I did like what I played, but I'm running low on my DL discs and I don't know if I'd use one for this right now. Maybe later when I get more, but definitely not at the moment...

Main reason I never liked them was because I sucked at them, but now that I'm older I suppose I can get better at them now. I too prefer Tekken as my 3D Fighters of choice.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah ace combat 6 = win.  I want that one a lot more than this crummy sega title lol.  Well if I get this on a disc we can try it I guess but I didn't like the previous VF games at all hahah.  I thought Toshinden was better and that's actually sad after I went back and saw how horrible they were.  Actually VF on Dreamcast (or was it PS2?) was neat.  But I still like DOA better and it has nice bouncies ;o

What we need to do is play AC6 online, that'd be pretty cool but I'm not sure if they have LAF planes in it (limey air force)
biggrin.gif
  Hey do you have TF2? we should play that, that game is tight.

Yeah I have TF2, played a few games last week but it was too laggy for me, plus I didn't really know wtf I was doing (chose spy lol). Maybe after the patch comes out we can try it out.
As for Ace Combat 6, it's going to be amazing online! I read in some reviews they say it's excellent and that it's a shame you can't play the whole game online co-op.
I'm actually considering BUYING (OMG GOSH WTFBBQ!!!) the game as you can get this nifty flight stick:
1181960827po6.jpg

With this and my XBL headset on it's like I really AM MAVERICK!!! LOL
Can't wait to try it out I love the series! (You can be Goose
wink.gif
)

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought Toshinden was better and that's actually sad after I went back and saw how horrible they were.

Toshinden is one of the main reasons I chose to buy a PS1 over the Saturn. I saw both systems on display in my local Dixons and it seemed like a no-brainer (this was pretty soon after release, too). Saturn was running Virtua Fighter and the fighter's looked like lego compared to Toshinden's (I remember thinking "wow!" when I saw a transparency effect on one character's skirt)
laugh.gif

So there you have it: I bought a PlayStation because I saw a see-through skirt in Toshinden
laugh.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toshinden is one of the main reasons I chose to buy a PS1 over the Saturn. I saw both systems on display in my local Dixons and it seemed like a no-brainer (this was pretty soon after release, too). Saturn was running Virtua Fighter and the fighter's looked like lego compared to Toshinden's (I remember thinking "wow!" when I saw a transparency effect on one character's skirt)
laugh.gif

So there you have it: I bought a PlayStation because I saw a see-through skirt in Toshinden
laugh.gif
Damn that was a good game!

Anyone remember the awesome Gameboy version as well?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Damn that was a good game!

Anyone remember the awesome Gameboy version as well?

The GB version was WAAAAAAAAY better than the PC version (which was a port of the PSX version), that little fighting game was almost as good as King of Fighters 95' for the GB. (I actually learned how to play with KoF characters with that version).
Ahh... the memories of my brick GB... *hugs hadrian, but not too tighly and in a very manly way*

On topic:

QUOTE(jimmy j @ Oct 23 2007, 02:49 PM)I heard PS3 owners might be getting a update patch for online play

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162425

But I guess they won't patch the graphics engine. Too bad, all those millions to research a Cell processor wasted.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah it was a lot better! Ever played KoF games on Neo Geo Pocket Colour? That handheld had the best fighters, they were kinda like Toshinden Gb.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I never looked at VF5 for PS3 because there's Tekken 5 DR.

PS3 VF5 = ver 5b
360 VF5 = ver 5c + online

It's probably not too hard to update minor builds via downloads, but as of today I have to go for 360 version.

I think the dump is region free, I've seen on asian forums talking about playing USA VF5 release. Why isn't Japanese version mostly region locked! I hate standing horrible voice overs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc