Hacking Virtual Boy!!

Raverrevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, I felt that this needed it's own thread. I'm a huge VB fan and this is the top reason that I wanted homebrew on our 3DS's. There needs to be more love for the VB.

Have any of you guys ever played Wario Land on it? It's amazing!! I guarantee you that one playthrough of it will change your mind about the system.

To finally be able to emulate it the way it should have been will be a milestone. I believe once everyone plays through all the cool games there will be some new respect for the system and it will gather new fans.

Now who's with me!!! Huzzah!!

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this is one of the main things I am looking forward to being emulated on the 3DS once SSSPWN is available. There's got to be a way. And what better system could it possibly be ported to?

Reactions: Margen67

Raverrevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amen!! I totally agree. I feel like the 3DS should have had Virtual Boy games released by Nintendo in the eshop a long time ago. 3DS is like Virtual Boy 2.0 essentially.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
100% agree. And I don't even know why they didn't release those yet. I mean, they are not hiding that VB existed, I have like 4 of those in Animal Crossing New Leaf, and let's not forget the "ALL HAIL VIRTUAL BOY" from Tomodachi Life.

Raverrevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, but i felt that this needed to be said;

People need to stop spamming the 3DS - Hacking & Homebrew with all their "wants" and "needs" and "questions" threads, and only post actual threads that discuss actual / confirmed in development homebrew.

I'm sorry you're so bored that you had to take your frustrations out on this thread out of the many pointless ones in this forum. I think you need to go home and hug your mommy tonight.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want it, go ahead and make it. Your wants aren't going to influence anyone to work on it. For all we know, someone could already be working on a VB emulator.

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
yea...i'm looking for this too,still learning how to setup the 3ds develop program, hope one day i'm able to port RedDragon on 3DS

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I gotta say, as flawed as the Virtual Boy was, Nintendo sure is dropping the ball on this one.
Virtual Console eShop titles should have been a must in the first release weeks, it is like a match made in heaven, and with very few titles we should have almost all the library in few months.

Nevertheless, I say we are better off waiting for someone to bring up a VC emulator to the 3DS than waiting for Nintendo to do so.

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-vb-libretro
Once I get a working PC, I'll be making some effort to get this ported, along with libretro and a basic single-emulator frontend wrapper as a proof-of-concept thing.
Until then, if anyone else wants to dev on this, there's some code to work with.
(Ignore that it says "PS1", someone hasn't updated the README.)

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry guys, but i felt that this needed to be said;

People need to stop spamming the 3DS - Hacking & Homebrew with all their "wants" and "needs" and "questions" threads, and only post actual threads that discuss actual / confirmed in development homebrew.
I second this motion.
I really thought it's been released when I read the title of the post.

Reactions: sirocyl

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-vb-libretro
Once I get a working PC, I'll be making some effort to get this ported, along with libretro and a basic single-emulator frontend wrapper as a proof-of-concept thing.
Until then, if anyone else wants to dev on this, there's some code to work with.
(Ignore that it says "PS1", someone hasn't updated the README.)
Oh yes that would be great!
It would be like the Virtual Boy's second chance to shine... This time in a proper portable device :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://ktla.com/news/state-dept-issues-worldwide-travel-warning-for-increased-potential-of-attac...