Vita sells 1.2 million units Worldwide

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There isn't a word short enough that you can't make fun of it.

Slowny had a slow start of the PS3 and the PSVita? Poor Slowny... On the other hand, Soneat released two of the beefiest consoles to date, both home and handheld, quite neat, Soneat. That said, their Online network seems to have had more holes then swiss cheese... They SoNoob when it comes to those things...
Soneat makes me think of SoNEET, I like that. Nintenderps and SoNEETs. It makes me want to draw a comic about two fangirls living together, one of them is a NEET and earns her money via online games, the other girl is a student and works part time in an electronics store.. oh, the ideas. XD
Soneets make me think of Sonnets.

graffiti,hilarious,f,yeah,fun,art,funny-6fa12613b774bf5adb7b3ec45b94b655_h.jpg

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slowny had a slow start of the PS3 and the PSVita? Poor Slowny... On the other hand, Soneat released two of the beefiest consoles to date, both home and handheld, quite neat, Soneat. That said, their Online network seems to have had more holes then swiss cheese... They SoNoob when it comes to those things...
Soneat makes me think of SoNEET, I like that. Nintenderps and SoNEETs. It makes me want to draw a comic about two fangirls living together, one of them is a NEET and earns her money via online games, the other girl is a student and works part time in an electronics store.. oh, the ideas. XD
how about Sonelitists?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Pretty average nevertheless.

On what basis is it average? Just curious what makes you think it's average for a new premium priced console, with little word of mouth and obtuse advertising and a stupid mandatory memory card to sell so well in a failing economy with threats of a double dip recession. The DS had a huge following leading to transferable sales...the Vita garnered none of that, making these figures actually somewhat surprising.
I couldn't word that better.

The 3DS *did not* sell on its own merit - it sold so well because it was backwards-compatible with thousands of DS/DSi titles. The Vita is backwards-compatible only with PSN-Based PSP titles, which you can only transfer in Japan - this is a big game-staller.

On the other hand, I am quite glad that Sony finally got rid of the FailMD-Drive - it was a huge battery-monger and the step had to be taken at some point.

The upper-hand the 3DS has over the Vita is that the average non-collector can trade-in their DS/DSi and get a nice deal for the 3DS. If you trade in your PSP, you can forget about your PSP collection (unless you're Japanese, and even then not all games are available on PSN) and start re-collecting them via PSN titles. It's pointless to compare the two using the same measure as they're following completely different strategies - 3DS thrives at being a next generation extension of the DS, the Vita tries to be something new and exciting, almost cutting the ties with the PSP.

People need to start understanding that unlike the 3DS, the Vita really doesn't have the exact same "push" and despite of that it sells well, not to mention that it has a relatively good set of launch titles and alot of interesting ones "comming up soon".
So you're saying that the 3DS sold better because it has additional features that the Vita lacks?
Glad to hear your take on it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So you're saying that the 3DS sold better because it has additional features that the Vita lacks?
Glad to hear your take on it.
I hear a hint of fanboyism accusation there, so let me clarify. I'm ready to openly criticize any console regardless of make because every console has their pros and cons. In all my posts I'm doing my best to retain a level of objectivity, this is why I praise the 3DS for backwards-compatibility, but I nag that it's underpowered. I praise the Vita for strong specs, but I'm not particularily thrilled by the fact that you can't get your PSP titles on it in an easier fashion.

That said, I acknowledge the fact that Nintendo wishes to continue the DS legacy while Sony tries to start from a blank slate, offering only what Vita offers. Those approaches are radically different and they cause the differences in sales. If the Vita had a UMD drive, it would likely be called PSHueg - they had to get rid of the old in favour of the new and they thought that this was the best way to handle the issue. They wanted to move onto FLASH media storage and God bless them, they did - it's far more stable and battery saving, but it obviously causes backwards-compatibility issues.

One has to look at the issue from numerous views to actually have an on-look on it, in my opinion. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I hear a hint of fanboyism accusation there, so let me clarify. I'm ready to openly criticize any console regardless of make because every console has their pros and cons. In all my posts I'm doing my best to retain a level of objectivity, this is why I praise the 3DS for backwards-compatibility, but I nag that it's underpowered. I praise the Vita for strong specs, but I'm not particularily thrilled by the fact that you can't get your PSP titles on it in an easier fashion.

That said, I acknowledge the fact that Nintendo wishes to continue the DS legacy while Sony tries to start from a blank slate, offering only what Vita offers. Those approaches are radically different and they cause the differences in sales. If the Vita had a UMD drive, it would likely be called PSHueg - they had to get rid of the old in favour of the new and they thought that this was the best way to handle the issue. They wanted to move onto FLASH media storage and God bless them, they did - it's far more stable and battery saving, but it obviously causes backwards-compatibility issues.

One has to look at the issue from numerous views to actually have an on-look on it, in my opinion. :)
No, Foxi. i don't care to hear about your unbiased perspective.

I was summarizing your post. Sony has, at least outside of Japan, decided to pull a fast one and force users to re-buy all of their PSP games for use on the PS Vita. Nintendo has retained full backwards compatibility. This does in no way invalidate Nintendo's sales as you seemed to be trying to imply. It's a feature and a legitimate selling point, though Nintendo didn't emphasize it much.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

No, Foxi. i don't care to hear about your unbiased perspective.

I was summarizing your post. Sony has, at least outside of Japan, decided to pull a fast one and force users to re-buy all of their PSP games for use on the PS Vita. Nintendo has retained full backwards compatibility. This does in no way invalidate Nintendo's sales as you seemed to be trying to imply. It's a feature and a legitimate selling point, though Nintendo didn't emphasize it much.
That is correct, and I put emphasis on it being a sales-staller. If the rest of the world had a system of validating PSP purchases and transfering the games onto the Vita, many users would be compelled to trade in their PSP's in favour of the Vita. Without such a feature, as you said, Sony does pull a fast one and to be perfectly honest, I don't plan on re-buying my PSP content - I already bought it once. I'll just have to save my PSP, but for many that means they won't be able to afford a new handheld, hence the worse sales.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seriously, some of the comments in this thread makes me bored, some makes me laugh, some makes me want to shot myself in the head.

The Vita is selling well, the 3DS is selling well, the iPhones are selling well and the Android devices are selling well, everybody's happy, no?! Looks like not...

People feel threatened when a device that they don't own sells well, it's almost a instinct, unconsciously you think that the developers will stop making games for your device because the other system is selling better and you'll end up with a bad choice in your hands.

Some of you guys need to start to think about what you want and about what you have, if it matches well, then why bother about what you don't have?

Congratz to Sony for the good sales numbers from a die-hard Nintendo fan.

Reactions: 3 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Seriously, some of the comments in this thread makes me bored, some makes me laugh, some makes me want to shot myself in the head.

The Vita is selling well, the 3DS is selling well, the iPhones are selling well and the Android devices are selling well, everybody's happy, no?! Looks like not...

People feel threatened when a device that they don't own sells well, it's almost a instinct, unconsciously you think that the developers will stop making games for your device because the other system is selling better and you'll end up with a bad choice in your hands.

Some of you guys need to start to think about what you want and about what you have, if it matches well, then why bother about what you don't have?

Congratz to Sony for the good sales numbers from a die-hard Nintendo fan.
Maybe we're all scarred from the Dreamcast run

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may be getting one when I get paid on friday if I can afford it, I unfortunately piled up quuuite a few pre-orders between now and early april so I don't really have a ton to spend outside of them until I get my tax refund.
If you've got enough other games to play until April, I would wait with buying a Vita until then, there's not that much released for it yet and I have mine lying around somewhere next to me while playing on my DS most of the time right now.. mostly because I have to wait until Friday as well before I can spend some money on games (but I'll mostly get PSP games, since I never had a PSP and got quite a few games to catch up with!).

Only really have Devil Survivor 2 and Tales of Graces between now and April. I want a Vita for my PSN PSP games too, because my PSP is smashed with dead pixels and a horridly scratched screen. It's not pretty to look at, lol. The two or three games i'd be able to play on the Vita would be a bonus.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: Hey since when did I post in this thread before I posted in this thread. Whoops.

Glad to see the Nintendo fanboys (we need to think of a name for their group...something witty) shit all over this thread and liked each others posts all over the place.
Amazing how bad a fanbase can make itself look.
Posting more hypocritical wrong stuff :shit: I see.
I didn't even see that much "fanboyish", comments being liked, specially minus the jk
parts.

Makes me think you didn't even read the whole freaking thread.

I means it easy to post the :shit: you posted without looking at anything.
Glad to see the Sony fanboys (we need to think of a name for their group...something witty) shit all over this thread and liked each others posts all over the place.
Amazing how bad a fanbase can make itself look.

I love how people just throw themselves under the bus as a Nintendo fanboy by defending to the death the thought that someone may have been called one.
Nintendrones (thank you Guild) came in to shit on this thread, the first good news for the Vita since it was even announced, within minutes. It wasn't LOLZ NINTENDO R GOD. Nah. Nothing so over the top. But really if you can't see the fanboy posts it's because you're a raging fanboy yourself.
Buut hell look who i'm talking to (I swear i've said that before).

Vita has good start.
We must claim this thread, FOR AMERICA NINTENDO!

EDIT EDIT: Damn I shoulda read my other notifications. Some good fanboy nicknames.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buut hell look who i'm talking to
What the freak does that even mean?

Let me try.

You know very well your post indicate that you was putting down all fans of Nintendo and made it seem like they was posting over top things.

"But really if you can't see the fanboy posts it's because you're a raging fanboy yourself."
Yes, because that makes sense. Over generalize and exaggerating which someone try to call you out for
is automatically a "raging fanboy".

The fact you think anyone who post something against vita is automatically a Nintendo Fanboy
is a flaw in itself.

If can't see the flaws in your post then you are blind.
Buut look who i'm talking to

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
While I don't defend the Nintendo fanboys, I don't defend the Sony fanboys either. Both are at fault when anything about either of those companies is brought up. Nintendo fanboys raid the positive Sony threads to make them negative. Sony fanboys raid the positive Nintendo threads to make them negative. There's no denying that both happen.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I WILL BE EXPECTING HOT TRIPLE-X GIRL-ON-GIRL YURI ACTION.
ALTHOUGH I THINK NEPTUNIA MIGHT BE GIVING ME UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.
how about Sonelitists?
HOW ABOUT NO?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3