Vita sells 1.2 million units Worldwide

paulfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what economic down turn? XD It's good to see the PS Vita racked up a good number. Then again, I'm also proud of the success of the 3DS as well -is a proud 3DS/PS Vita owner-

Good sales means dev's confidence with making great games! And having the best of both worlds means no crying over games that each of them don't have.

In the end, everyone wins! But, as evident as this thread is, the fanboy civil war rages on. XD

-Happily plays his 3DS and PS Vita, pointing and laughing at all the Nintenderps and Sonybitches.-

Reactions: 1 person

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendopes?
Nintenderps?
I vote for Nintenderps! It's a pity, that Sony is such a short name, can't really make up such fun names for their fanboys. :(

This thread has reached utter absurdity, imo. You guys should just stop bashing each other about such useless stuff and instead get out the handheld of your choice and play some nice games on it. :>

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
To clarify for all folk who take PR damage control at face value:

Their "launch" figures are based on the total sales of the PS Vita in all regions up until now. That includes three months of Japanese sales and an extra week of prerelease bundles.

The actual launch week figures are much, much smaller. I'm quite disappointed in Sony for fudging the numbers like this. Gotta keep their stocks up I suppose...

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty average nevertheless.

On what basis is it average? Just curious what makes you think it's average for a new premium priced console, with little word of mouth and obtuse advertising and a stupid mandatory memory card to sell so well in a failing economy with threats of a double dip recession. The DS had a huge following leading to transferable sales...the Vita garnered none of that, making these figures actually somewhat surprising.
I couldn't word that better.

The 3DS *did not* sell on its own merit - it sold so well because it was backwards-compatible with thousands of DS/DSi titles. The Vita is backwards-compatible only with PSN-Based PSP titles, which you can only transfer in Japan - this is a big game-staller.

On the other hand, I am quite glad that Sony finally got rid of the FailMD-Drive - it was a huge battery-monger and the step had to be taken at some point.

The upper-hand the 3DS has over the Vita is that the average non-collector can trade-in their DS/DSi and get a nice deal for the 3DS. If you trade in your PSP, you can forget about your PSP collection (unless you're Japanese, and even then not all games are available on PSN) and start re-collecting them via PSN titles. It's pointless to compare the two using the same measure as they're following completely different strategies - 3DS thrives at being a next generation extension of the DS, the Vita tries to be something new and exciting, almost cutting the ties with the PSP.

People need to start understanding that unlike the 3DS, the Vita really doesn't have the exact same "push" and despite of that it sells well, not to mention that it has a relatively good set of launch titles and alot of interesting ones "comming up soon".

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nintendopes?
Nintenderps?
I vote for Nintenderps! It's a pity, that Sony is such a short name, can't really make up such fun names for their fanboys. :(

That, or people prefer not to get involved in such childish activities.
wow i bet your fun at parties
HE REALLY IS THE LIFE OF THE PARTY. ALTHOUGH BY PARTY, I ACTUALLY MEAN THE ANGRY NEIGHBOR WHO COMES IN AND YELLS AT EVERYONE FOR MAKING SO MUCH NOISE.
The correct term is Nintendrones.
I prefer Nintendtards.
Nintendtrolls is better, but Nintendtards is more accurate
Nintendopes?
Nintenderps?

And people thought Nintendo fanboys were bad.
THE IRONYYYYY, IT IS TOOO MUCH FOR MEEEEEEEE.

Reactions: 6 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There isn't a word short enough that you can't make fun of it.

Slowny had a slow start of the PS3 and the PSVita? Poor Slowny... On the other hand, Soneat released two of the beefiest consoles to date, both home and handheld, quite neat, Soneat. That said, their Online network seems to have had more holes then swiss cheese... They SoNoob when it comes to those things...

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There isn't a word short enough that you can't make fun of it.

Slowny had a slow start of the PS3 and the PSVita? Poor Slowny... On the other hand, Soneat released two of the beefiest consoles to date, both home and handheld, quite neat, Soneat. That said, their Online network seems to have had more holes then swiss cheese... They SoNoob when it comes to those things...
Soneat makes me think of SoNEET, I like that. Nintenderps and SoNEETs. It makes me want to draw a comic about two fangirls living together, one of them is a NEET and earns her money via online games, the other girl is a student and works part time in an electronics store.. oh, the ideas. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3