Hacking VitaCheat/FinalCheat Database

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have install VitaCheat and when i shall launch Vitacheat and open cheat list, nothing come up. How do I use VitaCheat?

Do you have any cheat files in the cheat database folder? If no then this is why there are no cheats for you. You could have put the cheats in the wrong database folder and may have to copy them into the right one? Make certain that you copy the cheats into the database folder located in your ur0 or ux0 folder whichever one you have your tai confog file in(I assume its in your ur0?)

The game must match the what it says on the cheat file for them to work. This means you need to have the correct game version, game type and region. Double check that you have the files and folders in the correct places.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I wonder why the reply ended up like as if you said what I said. I must have hit the wrong key somewhere.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the TempAR Vita Edition V3.1 error as promised!
Yep. That's a RAM error. There's a few reasons this could be popping up.... You're probably in the 1 or 2 area.

1. You need to have enough RAM. Those files are about 200mb each, so you need 1.2gb of RAM to load them + a bit extra for the searcher.
- Solution: Close other unneeded programs, like firefox before searching to clear up some space.
- Add more RAM
- Use less dumps or smaller dumps.

2. You need to have a large enough amount of contiguous RAM space. This is hard to explain, but Virtual RAM (Not physical/actual) is split up into 'pages' or chunks. If TempAR needs to store it's data, it wants a single page of RAM. If it cannot find an empty page, it will use a page that is already being used, but it doesn't want to run out of room in that page and have to put half it's data on one page and half on another. Adding more RAM to your computer won't fix this problem, because Windows uses 'Virtual RAM' to allocate memory, and the program sees an unlimited amount of RAM, basically.
- Solution: Close other unneeded programs, like firefox, before running TempAR

3. This probably isn't you're problem, but... TempAR is a 32bit program, and can only use 2GB of RAM. You shouldn't need more in most cases. Dumping from '81...' to 'B1...' would result in 256mb sized dumps which is 2gb if using 6. TempAR's pointer searcher probably also needs some of that RAM, though, so it'd actually be smaller than that. I don't know how much RAM the searcher actually needs, though.
- Don't use dumps that high.
- TempAR could be reprogrammed as a 64-bit program, but that's out of my expertise.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@monodevil sorry to ask questions again but with the Disgaea 4 EXP mod code is there anything specific I should change the value to? It seems to only bump me up to level 28 and then has no further effect.
Sounds like you might have something incorrect going on.
What is the code you're using?

It should look something like this:
Code:
_V0 Character EXP Mod
$B200 00000001 00000000
$0200 ADDRESS0 4E729FFF
$0200 ADDRESS1 00000918
A startling number of values in Disgaea games are actually 64-bit (two lines, instead of one), so make sure both values are set at 32-bits each ($0200).

Edit: well, I guess @monodevil answered you. He is faster than I.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep. That's a RAM error. There's a few reasons this could be popping up.... You're probably in the 1 or 2 area.

1. You need to have enough RAM. Those files are about 200mb each, so you need 1.2gb of RAM to load them + a bit extra for the searcher.
- Solution: Close other unneeded programs, like firefox before searching to clear up some space.
- Add more RAM

2. You need to have a large enough amount of contiguous RAM space. This is hard to explain, but Virtual RAM (Not physical/actual) is split up into 'pages' or chunks. If TempAR needs to store it's data, it wants a single page of RAM. If it cannot find an empty page, it will use a page that is already being used, but it doesn't want to run out of room in that page and have to put half it's data on one page and half on another. Adding more RAM to your computer won't fix this problem, because Windows uses 'Virtual RAM' to allocate memory, and the program sees an unlimited amount of RAM, basically.
- Solution: Close other unneeded programs, like firefox, before running TempAR

3. This probably isn't you're problem, but... TempAR is a 32bit program, and can only use 2GB of RAM. You shouldn't need more in most cases. Dumping from '81...' to 'B1...' would result in 256mb sized dumps which is 2gb if using 6. TempAR's pointer searcher probably also needs some of that RAM, though, so it'd actually be smaller than that. I don't know how much RAM the searcher actually needs, though.
- Don't use dumps that high.
- TempAR could be reprogrammed as a 64-bit program, but that's out of my expertise.

Sorry @Yohoki but,how do i use smaller memory dumps if the codes i find for max score and infinite arms are 8C?
I followed all your tips to find pointers!

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not done but finally got around to working on a Disgaea 4 address chart. This one was kind of annoying since everything wasn't as neatly organized like the Disgaea 3 adresses, its still a work in progress though. Thought I'd try to do something fancy with the bubbles. That little blue area at the bottom, I think I found the item portrait ID which I also think is similar to Disgaea 3 but I'm thinking it was both addresses that affected it and not 1 like I did for the Disgaea 3 chart.
XFDS0Po.jpg

Reactions: eighthdayregret

jczarowitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code is based off your total exp in the Status menu(the "EXP" section). Just put in a random number higher than what you currently have for that character and it'll bump up your levels after a battle, forgot to mention that. You also need to go into battle for that character or characters to gain the levels and also complete the battle for the levels to stay. No entering and leaving a battle, basically. You also don't need to fight or summon that character or characters in battle, just win a quick match and you level up. It'll also give you a bit of a graphical error but that's normal until you finish a battle. Its the same for D3 btw.

Yeah, its not the greatest exp code since you need to guess a higher number if you don't want max level but its still a lot faster then leveling the normal way, even though the Cheat Shop is pretty fast at gaining levels once you max it out, its still pretty tedious to level 1 character at a time.

Also speaking of max level, I noticed I forgot to make a max level code for D4. If its the same as D3 then the values should be like this.

Code:
_V0 Max level 1st character slot
$B200 00000001 00000000
$0200 0024EA30 FFFFFFFF
$0200 0024EA34 00000030

Haven't tested it nor made a level 9,999 character yet.

Sorry should have mentioned that I figured it out. I did notice that because the total exp doesn't change after reincarnation that the character that's been reincarnated if it's in slot 1 doesn't automatically go to 9,999 like your D3 code. I'll try the code you listed and let you know what happens.

Edit: ok yeah that jumped it straight up to 9999. I also forgot to mention that the code kicks in when you spend mana on something such as an ability so that makes a nice little time saver.

Sounds like you might have something incorrect going on.
What is the code you're using?

It should look something like this:
Code:
_V0 Character EXP Mod
$B200 00000001 00000000
$0200 ADDRESS0 4E729FFF
$0200 ADDRESS1 00000918
A startling number of values in Disgaea games are actually 64-bit (two lines, instead of one), so make sure both values are set at 32-bits each ($0200).

Edit: well, I guess @monodevil answered you. He is faster than I.
Yeah I played around with it a bit and figured out I needed to change values in two lines to get the amount of exp I was looking for. Thanks for responding though.

Last edited by jczarowitz,

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, a bit of a special request here ! Two ways to handle it : either where to start for making vita cheats, or if someone has a code to get a specific key item in Persona 4 Golden (The Aqua Key)
Thanks in advance !

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, a bit of a special request here ! Two ways to handle it : either where to start for making vita cheats, or if someone has a code to get a specific key item in Persona 4 Golden (The Aqua Key)
Thanks in advance !
Here, ya go:
Where to start-
https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/wiki/Finding-Values
Basic guide. It's pretty easy to start making basic codes.

I also recommend CheatEngine on PC. It comes with a tutorial program to help teach you how to make codes, and a lot of what you learn there can be done with Vitacheat.

Spawn Aqua Key-
Key Item specifically might be a little hard... Sometimes, item IDs are stored next to the item's quantity... so it might be possible to turn a regular item that's easy to get into an Aqua Key.... but sometimes Key Items aren't stored the same as regular items (ID+Quantity) and are instead stored as either collected or not (1 or 0). I don't know how P4 does it... If you wanted to take the easy route and try to turn an item into it, I can help.

You'll want to use an item that's cheap an easy to get, like a simple potion or something. I'll use potion in my example, but use whatever you want....

Find how many potions you have, and search for that number in vitacheat. You'll want to search for an 8-bit value, probably. After you've searched, you'll want to use one of the items, or gain one, and search for the new value. keep repeating until you're down to only a few addresses (or one address if you can). Edit the address and see if it changes the number of potions you have. If it does, you've found the code you're looking for, next step.

next step, look around that address for an Item ID. You'll want to use the Memory View and search left or right a couple spaces from the Item Quantity. If you've saved the item quantity code, you can hit triangle to bring up memory view. Edit the codes to the left or right and check to see if your potions have turned into something else. If they DID, then you've got the right address again. Save it and go to next step.

Keep changing the itemID... it's a pain in the butt, but eventually you should see the item you need.

Reactions: Yawnn

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here, ya go:
Where to start-
https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/wiki/Finding-Values
Basic guide. It's pretty easy to start making basic codes.

I also recommend CheatEngine on PC. It comes with a tutorial program to help teach you how to make codes, and a lot of what you learn there can be done with Vitacheat.

Spawn Aqua Key-
Key Item specifically might be a little hard... Sometimes, item IDs are stored next to the item's quantity... so it might be possible to turn a regular item that's easy to get into an Aqua Key.... but sometimes Key Items aren't stored the same as regular items (ID+Quantity) and are instead stored as either collected or not (1 or 0). I don't know how P4 does it... If you wanted to take the easy route and try to turn an item into it, I can help.

You'll want to use an item that's cheap an easy to get, like a simple potion or something. I'll use potion in my example, but use whatever you want....

Find how many potions you have, and search for that number in vitacheat. You'll want to search for an 8-bit value, probably. After you've searched, you'll want to use one of the items, or gain one, and search for the new value. keep repeating until you're down to only a few addresses (or one address if you can). Edit the address and see if it changes the number of potions you have. If it does, you've found the code you're looking for, next step.

next step, look around that address for an Item ID. You'll want to use the Memory View and search left or right a couple spaces from the Item Quantity. If you've saved the item quantity code, you can hit triangle to bring up memory view. Edit the codes to the left or right and check to see if your potions have turned into something else. If they DID, then you've got the right address again. Save it and go to next step.

Keep changing the itemID... it's a pain in the butt, but eventually you should see the item you need.

Thank you very much for your help ! At the moment, I'm using a save editor (which can't give me that item, unhappily), to go back in time and complete the requirements for the Aqua Key, though I don't thin it'll work, as the day I saved my game might check some dangerous flags. In any case, I'll probably try to make a code for it, thank you very much for your guidance !

Reactions: Yohoki

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your help ! At the moment, I'm using a save editor (which can't give me that item, unhappily), to go back in time and complete the requirements for the Aqua Key, though I don't thin it'll work, as the day I saved my game might check some dangerous flags. In any case, I'll probably try to make a code for it, thank you very much for your guidance !
p4 is probably a harder one to start practicing with, so good luck! Keep in mind, I didn't mention anything about pointers, which this game probably uses... so expect to have to find codes again often. Pointers usually change when the game is exited, but they might also move around when you exit the map or go forward a day. So, when you get a code that works, keep working at it. If you take a break, it might be gone. :P

Reactions: Yawnn

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the pointers :P At the moment, I tried going back in time to complete the prerequisites, But I think my starting point was at the worst possible moment (20/03/12, after orb of sight, before gas attendant), so it might mess up a lot of stuff. Still, I managed getting the game back to a functionning state (you litterally cannot interact with anything at the moment I saved). So I'll see when I get back to this date if I can still continue or not xD But in case there's a problem, I backed up my save before messing up with anything :P If it does not work this way, I'll try making my code !

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
p4 is probably a harder one to start practicing with, so good luck! Keep in mind, I didn't mention anything about pointers, which this game probably uses... so expect to have to find codes again often. Pointers usually change when the game is exited, but they might also move around when you exit the map or go forward a day. So, when you get a code that works, keep working at it. If you take a break, it might be gone. :P
Quick update : After some time travel shenanigans, I managed to get myself the Aqua Invitation, but I must now try to set the game back on its proper course xD
Anyways, I should hold on to this save, as it contains the Aqua Invitation. Now either I manage to set the game back on its rail, or try to find the address of this item !

Just thought about something : As it now show up in the save editor (that couldn't of course give me this item), would changing its quantity in the save editor numerous times, while checking the addresses I find when the game is loaded work in order to find its ID and where it is in the RAM ? It's like the searching in game, except instead of changing the quantity in game, I have to do it outside of the game.

Last edited by Yawnn,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Yohoki,sorry you wrote that Cheat Engine can also be used to find codes for PS Vita games.
Could you please show me how to do it?
Thanks in advance!

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Yohoki,sorry you wrote that Cheat Engine can also be used to find codes for PS Vita games.
Thanks in advance!
Cheat Engine can't find cheats for Vita games, but learning how to find cheats with it will help you when you search for cheats with Vita Cheat !

Reactions: NeoGranzon

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update : After some time travel shenanigans, I managed to get myself the Aqua Invitation, but I must now try to set the game back on its proper course xD
Anyways, I should hold on to this save, as it contains the Aqua Invitation. Now either I manage to set the game back on its rail, or try to find the address of this item !

Just thought about something : As it now show up in the save editor (that couldn't of course give me this item), would changing its quantity in the save editor numerous times, while checking the addresses I find when the game is loaded work in order to find its ID and where it is in the RAM ? It's like the searching in game, except instead of changing the quantity in game, I have to do it outside of the game.
You have to exit the game to use the Save Editor, correct? If you have to exit the game, it wouldn't be useful unless you already have a way to find where items are stored. Vitacheat doesn't store the search results between loads of the game... and even if it did, the game probably uses pointers, which move addresses around when loading the game.

Although.... you could set the item to something unique... like BEEF or 1337.... That might make it stand out a bit more. If you can go up that high, at least...I think max items in that game was only 99....

Thanks in advance!
I suppose you could use cheat engine to do pointer searching, but you'd have to pad the dumps. It's got a pretty powerful pointer searcher, but the files would be huge... It wouldn't be too useful like that.

I was meaning to practice hacking by using the tutorial that comes with Cheat Engine. It has a very well made tutorial that walks you through how to hack with Cheat Engine's many features, and video guides for every step. It gives you a very good idea of how memory is set up and how different options can be used. Some are not available in vitacheat, but even just knowing the steps is useful in understanding.

The steps about learning the "Dissect Data/Structures" is incredibly useful for understanding how developers store data for things like Character Stats and item properties. Not really possible to view it like that in VitaCheat, but very useful to know.
upload_2020-4-30_11-32-37.png

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NeoGranzon This is how the "Dissect Data/Structures" looks in one of my dumps. While it May look like a mess of numbers at first, it's easy to compare areas with it... like here, I've highlighted some things and labeled them... nothing incredibly useful here, but it follows pointers and further down it shows stats like HP and MP and ATK/DEF/SPD etc....

Actually, now that I think about it, @monodevil , You might like this too... I think I remember seeing some highlighted stuff in HxD... Maybe this looks nicer and is easier to use? :P
upload_2020-4-30_12-21-10.png

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Yohoki Do you think there would be a way to track the item through the save file instead of the RAM ? For example, changing multiple times the quantity of the item using the save editor, and looking up this quantity in the save file using HxD, kinda like searching for a cheat, but in the save file instead ? I do now have a save file with this item, though at the moment, the ending is broken beyond repair

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3