AndrewFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eggzero.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it's public. I'd post a link to the repository, but my account doesn't have permissions yet to post links since I just joined...
Once all the important features are implemented I'll release a download for a compiled version.

AndrewFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eggzero.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I added a customizable grid to snap notes to, which makes it way easier to place notes in time with the music (at least for the majority of songs that have standard time signatures). This grid only displays while in editing mode (ie: while the song is paused). In order for the grid to actually line up/sync up with the music though, the BPM value needs to be set properly. You'd need to find the correct BPM value for your custom songs anyway, as it's one of the pieces of information the game needs provided for the song metadata. To help calibrate that value, when you have BPM editing toggled in the editor and you play the song, the diamonds on the bottom of the tracks start pulsing at the rate of the BPM, so you just need to adjust the number until that pulsing syncs with the music.

grid50P.PNG

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoorah! Can't wait to try this (assuming my computer can handle it). Great job team!

Side note: Megalovania coming in 3...2...1...

Edit" Yeah, computer can't run it. Audio is wildly inconsistent so I can't even calibrate bpm. I'm excited to see what other people do though!

Last edited by SecureBoot,

AndrewFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eggzero.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading it again, I just reuploaded the zip file with a new version with some performance improvements (still listed as v1.0).

If it's still stuttery for you even with the performance improvements, you can also try opening the config.txt file and increasing the number for the syncTime. (Explanation: the syncTime is the maximum number of frames the music is allowed to be out of sync with the visuals, so if your game consistently lags behind by more than that amount the music will keep stuttering trying to resync itself (default value is 4 frames = 1/15th of a second). So increasing this number allows your editor more room to lag before triggering an audio resync, at the expense of also allowing more room for the music to be out of sync)

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still stuttery for me but I have a very very old computer. Is the screen supposed to "pulse" every beat or just 1 and 3 (for 4/4 time)

EDIT: I don't suppose there's any way to change the tempo mid-song yet right?

Last edited by SecureBoot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1