Homebrew vwii homebrew channel won't load with usb stick inserted

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have a wii u. I have it set up the following way: one 1tb hd for wii-u games, one 512gb drive for vwii games formatted fat-32. This all works as expected. I have a gigantic 128gb memory stick i wanted to fill up with gamecube games. This also works as expected. If i launch nintendont it shows up. However the problem is that if i already have it connected when loading the vwii homebrew channel, the channel will not load. It will sit there on a black screen hung forever until i unplug the 3rd drive. I can then immediately re-insert the drive and all functions normally. I don't like this behaviour though as i have my wii-u in a cabinet and that's a hassle. Anyone seen this issue before? An alternate solution would be (i suppose) to put them on the same drive as the wii games but that will involve me doing the following to get it to work:
1) external power supply for vwii drive so it takes up one port.
2) putting vwii drive in 2nd usb slot.
3) putting wii-u drive in slot 1.
4) flash the beta cios files to allow me to use the 2nd usb slot.
this is because of the way nintendont searches drives. It starts at the highest numbers and goes down. Currently i have the gamecube game flash stick in slot 4. Summary: Anyone got a good solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Our father who are Nintendo, hallowed be the name, may Mario and Samus bless us, Amen