Homebrew [vWii] How can I play NTSC Wads (vc and wiiware games) in a PAL console?

MendLante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wads in PAL are hard to find. If I try to patch them with FreeTheWads or Show my wads , I get a black screen when I execute them and my wiiremote turn off. I found a guide in reddit but I dont find wwPacker . Any solution without using a loader?
Thanks and sorry for my english level

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you install to NAND, or to SD menu ?
if it's installed to the SD menu, you need to patch your IOS80 (could be dangerous, but nobody reported a brick using the IOS80 patcher)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The wad doesnt work (black screen ) if i edit it with freethewads or showmiiwads

mine are installed to SD with iOS80 patch applied & i used showmiiwads which was bundled with some NTSC wiiware content in a separate folder. games seems to work after region change to PAL or Free Region

MendLante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The wads only works if they are native PAL , if I convert NTSC wads to PAL using freethewads or showmiiwads, they dont work.
The only way is change the video mode to force NTSC in UsbLoaderGX , but I hope there is a way to play from the Wii Menu.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
anyway why are you stuck on ntsc wads ? similar pal wads are available if you know where to look

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
there are Wads that are imposible to find in PAL for example the most Super Nintendo wads.

out of the 75 snes wads i have 60 are already PAL & the remaining 15 i used showmiiwads to change region & they work.

anyway it's been a long time since i used wads so i may test couple of the ones with region change & report back later.

btw why don't you go with retroarch or snes9x they run perfect on wii u with no limit to the amount of games you can install unlike wads

MendLante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
out of the 75 snes wads i have 60 are already PAL & the remaining 15 i used showmiiwads to change region & they work.

anyway it's been a long time since i used wads so i may test couple of the ones with region change & report back later.

btw why don't you go with retroarch or snes9x they run perfect on wii u with no limit to the amount of games you can install unlike wads
Ok , I will use retro arch. Athough I still think why the Ntsc show a black screen in my TV
Add me in Wii U : ErMendoza
(this is my nintendo ID)

Note: How can I send Private Messages in this web? Im a noob

Last edited by MendLante,

philx_x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
phil.jost.rocks
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have NTSC wads and a PAL console using USBLoaderGX the wads don't run at correct speed but once I tried Wiiflow they worked perfectly given your TV supports NTSC signal
unfortunately they're greyscale on my CRT that's when I started fiddling with the settings, in Wiiflow you can set the VideoMode manually to PAL50, PAL60, System Default, Game Default.
try playing with these settings a little.

As for the CRT i think i rly need to get PAL wads .. but wasn't lucky enough yet to find a Complete Collection like for NTSC.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Are you sure that will work on a Wii U? I thought the newer console reimplemented the loader.bin, so patches to Wii loader.bins don't work? I tried that approach before finding a post by somebody (FIX94 maybe?) about it being a dead end on Wii U.

Personally, I just changed my vWii's video mode to NTSC because all the games I wanted to play were NTSC anyway.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Are you sure that will work on a Wii U? I thought the newer console reimplemented the loader.bin, so patches to Wii loader.bins don't work? I tried that approach before finding a post by somebody (FIX94 maybe?) about it being a dead end on Wii U.

Personally, I just changed my vWii's video mode to NTSC because all the games I wanted to play were NTSC anyway.
Well, that's another possible way. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    :O Holy Cow 60 Miles !
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why people use miles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At 60 miles I'd just use instacart
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NinStar, cause 8 miles and runnin
    LOL! I'd lmao if they put a gay ride in the little arcade section they have in this walmart. It could be like the horses rides you put quarters in, except it would be like the ambiguously gay duo cartoon & you sit on top of the other guy thats in a "flying" position. LMAO!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm pretty sure parents would have an issue with gay rides
    +1
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial