Hacking WAIN Card Dumper NX

evans112682

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fails to dump Mario Tennis Aces at 39% every time. Probably why BBB hasn't released it yet.

EDIT: It was an issue with the SD CARD
IMG_20180622_174832.jpg

Last edited by evans112682,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fails to dump Mario Tennis Aces at 39% every time. Probably why BBB hasn't released it yet.
View attachment 132885
Currently dumping it myself ... will confirm this in a few minutes if the case ;)

Edit;
Dump is already at 65% and counting ... soo I dont know but it's looking ok so far.

Edit2;
Mario Tennis Aces seemed to dump ok (i am still using WAIN v 0.0.2 ... but it does not show up in SX OS.
So my guess is it is a cart2 game. (is there a way to tell that?)

Last edited by PatrickD85,

evans112682

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently dumping it myself ... will confirm this in a few minutes if the case ;)

Edit;
Dump is already at 65% and counting ... soo I dont know but it's looking ok so far.

Edit2;
Mario Tennis Aces seemed to dump ok (i am still using WAIN v 0.0.2 ... but it does not show up in SX OS.
So my guess is it is a cart2 game. (is there a way to tell that?)

It is a card 2 type. I tried with a different and it is past 39% ive been having alot of issues with large size cards. They are from amazon and sandisk legit cards. But my 256 and 128 keep giving my problems with the switch and XS OS

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is a card 2 type. I tried with a different and it is past 39% ive been having alot of issues with large size cards. They are from amazon and sandisk legit cards. But my 256 and 128 keep giving my problems with the switch and XS OS
Using a Sandisk 400gb sdxc myself. Larger dumps like Xenoblade, Doom, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations all went through it without any issues really.
As noted WAIN v0.0.2 did note the dump was complete but @AnalogMan mentioned somewhere card/card 2 games have a logo partition etc. Not sure what is best to dump those but once again I am all ears and would gladly test another one.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'd like to recommend something that I hope could be added to future builds. I'd like the game roms to have either a timestamp or their cart ID in their name, so we can dump multiple carts without having to stop, rename the ROM on a PC, and then dump another. Dumping multiple carts in succession would be great. So far, I can only see them over-write each other.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. I'd like to recommend something that I hope could be added to future builds. I'd like the game roms to have either a timestamp or their cart ID in their name, so we can dump multiple carts without having to stop, rename the ROM on a PC, and then dump another. Dumping multiple carts in succession would be great. So far, I can only see them over-write each other.

That's pretty much done: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gcdumptool-yet-another-nintendo-switch-game-card-dump-tool.508343/

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a possibility it failed trying to dump a game, like cart 2 for example which needs a firmware of 4.X at least. If anything, search for .XCI within the SD card.

im having an issue. with 0.0.3 and im on the most recent FW, maybe its an issue specific to mario tennis.

yikesnoah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this got leaked in ReSwitched discord just a bit ago, so might as well share it. This is a cart to XCI dumper. It has some limitations such as:
  • Requires FW 4.X.X or higher to dump card2 games
I did not make this but I have tested and verified that it works. Place the NRO file in your sdmc:/switch/ folder and run with Homebrew Menu. Have fun.

NOTICE: Remember, these dumps contain your PRIVATE certificates for your specific cartridge. Sharing such a thing with others could lead to getting all of your consoles banned. Before you ask, scene releases do not have their certs, they were blanked out with 0xFF's. Other than the blanked out cert, the dumps made by this tool are exactly the same as scene dumps.

PS: WAIN stands for "Without an Interesting Name".

New & last version, 0.0.3. Support for FAT32 dumping as well as dumping without cert.

Anyone having an "fwrite error"? Getting it at around 25% while backing up Payday 2.

Attachments

• IMG_3288.JPG
    IMG_3288.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 272

seanrhodes05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way this took me a little while to find out (maybe just cause I'm dumb) but WAINcartdumpernx saves the xci to the switch directory instead of the root of the micro sd.

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used about 20GB out of a 256GB micro sd. (Formatted as FAT32 and I've backed up several games already so far)
That's your issue, you're in FAT32 and it can only save up to 2GB (or 4, I forgot :P). You have one of two options:
1. Download the exFAT driver on your switch, reformat your card to exFAT, and try again.
2. When in the main menu, don't choose the first two, choose one of the last two. It will split it up into 2GB files and work fine with SX OS.

Last edited by YigglyPoof,
Reactions: yikesnoah

yikesnoah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much :)) Do you happen to know why I will backup some games and they will eventually disappear from my SX library? Thanks :yayswitch:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.