Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mk123a said:
samuelfy said:
hawk36 said:
samuelfy said:
My Wii update from 3.2J to 41.U with WiiKey, now use the Waninkoko Firmware update 4.2 to update the 4.1U to 4.2U, eventhing is working good, only the disc channel not working, when i use Gecko to load the game from disc, it's working, any one know how to fix the disc channel issue? thank a lot.

you have to flash your dvd drive whit wiikey.1.9s.US . and then use the config for the us version . then it will work . i have don this more than once from jap to pal to us and it works . you will never get it too work if you dont flash the drive .

I have try, still not working, before when i upgrade from 3.2J to 4.0U, have same issue, and can fix when have thee flash wiikey 1.9s US ans config disc, this time not working, any other can fix this issue? thank you.

The 4.2 update region locks your wii, your import backups won't work in the disc channel and so far I don't think there is a solution around this besides using gecko os. Perhaps a mod chip firmware upgrade that uses a different method of region freeing b/c the current method is broken by 4.2 -- games regionfree'd also don't work.

i flashed my wiikey before i changede the region . when i was on jap version i flashede the wiikey whit the us version and then changede the region of the wii and agian when i went from us to pal i flashede the wiikey before i changede the region that did the trick for mee . hope it helps

Dr_Hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr_Hack said:
ClockWorK said:
Dr_Hack said:
another problem
frown.gif

after i install bootmii editor via HB browse

all my apps stopt working : ( ( i cant find anything in the HBC ,, But the chennel work great )

when i pulg the sd card to my pc .. its all in there

help ?

Have you tried restarting? On my first run after installing, the only thing that showed up in HBC was the HomeBrew Browser. I restarted, and everything showed up. Odd..

(Edit: I think they removed the 'Reload' option from the HBC menu, and I didn't have the best experience removing and re-inserting my SDHC card.)

yes .. you absolutely right ..

but how do i get this off
frown.gif

any ideas ?

anyone ? guys plz help
frown.gif

D

darklocust

Since you're updating to a pure IOS60 (no patches), Preloader will no longer work. When 0.30 gets released, you can install it as the last step of his tutorial. I'm not sure if it will patch IOS60 or use the already patched IOS70. It would be nice if it used IOS70 to keep patched IOS' to a minimum. Simplicity wins.

Personally, I'm waiting for all the other apps to be 4.2 compatible. I'd like WAD manager, AnyTitleDeleter and all emulators to point back to the new HBC title.

Can you guys imagine 4.3? N will just do the same thing. Delete CIOS' and block the new HBC title ID. It'll be a roller coaster ride from here on out!

gd48202 said:
Zektor,

How does Preloader fit into the mix of your install method? Will Preloader 0.29 still work fine? When should Preloader be installed?

Thanks,
GD

D

darklocust

Thanks for your answer. The "Shopping Channel-NUS-v17.wad" is 24973KB but I really don't care about this channel. Could I just skip it? Is there a critical reason to install?

zektor said:
Ohh, with my guide, you can actually simply download the shopping channel with NUSD now instead of using marcs installer. It didn't allow me to the other day, but now it does
wtf.gif

Anyway, that means you can lessen the steps:

1. Use DOP-IOS and download/trucha IOS70

2. Download and pack into wads all of the IOSes I listed, as well as system menu for your region and shopping channel v17

3. Install them. Done!

Easy enough
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darklocust said:
Thanks for your answer. The "Shopping Channel-NUS-v17.wad" is 24973KB but I really don't care about this channel. Could I just skip it? Is there a critical reason to install?

zektor said:
Ohh, with my guide, you can actually simply download the shopping channel with NUSD now instead of using marcs installer. It didn't allow me to the other day, but now it does
wtf.gif

Anyway, that means you can lessen the steps:

1. Use DOP-IOS and download/trucha IOS70

2. Download and pack into wads all of the IOSes I listed, as well as system menu for your region and shopping channel v17

3. Install them. Done!

Easy enough
smile.gif

If you don't install it, you will not have a functional Shopping Channel. But, if that does not bother you, you can skip it
smile.gif

I updated my guide with version numbers and added that missing IOS57:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...t&p=2297787

Osi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, all was running good on 4.1E, but I tried waninkoko's updater 4.2, after updating dvdx,bootmi and HBC to last version with hackmii 0.5.
All went good, no error, and everything is working, except hbc that gives me a black-screen.
Dol forwarder like usb-loader or MplacerCE still work, i tried to launch hackmii installer via new bannerbomb but I have the "no vunerable IOS found" message :/

May I launch DOP-IOSv8 via bannerbomb in order to reinstall IOS30 ?
And then relaunch hackmii installer 0.5 ?
Guessing that time HBC would launch normally, I don't get it, why does it result in a black screen although everything else work juste fine
ohmy.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darklocust said:
zektor said:
If you don't install it, you will not have a functional Shopping Channel. But, if that does not bother you, you can skip it
smile.gif

Fair enough. Look what NUSD spit out just now.

CODE --- 00000001-0000000 ---
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Grabbing tmd.481...
Download Failed: tmd.481
- Reason: (401) Unauthorized.
Grabbing tmd.5661...
Download Failed: tmd.5661

I just tested it. It downloads fine on this end. Try again...maybe it is just your connection.

D

darklocust

zektor said:
darklocust said:
zektor said:
smile.gif

Fair enough. Look what NUSD spit out just now.

CODE --- 00000001-0000000 ---
Grabbing tmd.481...
Download Failed: tmd.481
Grabbing tmd.5661...
Download Failed: tmd.5661

I just tested it. It downloads fine on this end. Try again...maybe it is just your connection.

I'm such a n00b. If you notice, I had a dash on the hex, omitting the last digit. Once I figured that out, all is well.

How did you know that SM 4.2 USA = v481? It's not in the Title dB

Edit: here's the answer to my own question.

Zektor: more questions, is it OK to update from 3.2+ using this same guide???

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is absolutely in the latest database. It is listed (along with the other regions) here on my NUSD.

While I have not updated from anything but a 4.1U system (its been a LONG time since I had 3.2), I do not see why it would not work. Updating a 3.2 system to 4.2 through Nintendo would basically do the same thing as my guide....except of course Nintendo would stub your cIOSes, remove your bootmii, hbc and your dvdx
smile.gif
Try to have a nand backup first before attempting it just in case tho.

D

darklocust

The latest NUSD dB is here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader/database. Copy and paste in the "database.xml" where NUS Downloader v1.2.exe is located. After that, NUSD will have SM 4.2 and IOS57 in the list database list.

QUOTE said:
While I have not updated from anything but a 4.1U system (its been a LONG time since I had 3.2), I do not see why it would not work. Updating a 3.2 system to 4.2 through Nintendo would basically do the same thing as my guide....except of course Nintendo would stub your cIOSes, remove your bootmii, hbc and your dvdx smile.gif Try to have a nand backup first before attempting it just in case tho.

Yup. Sure will. I can imagine we'll be doing the same when 4.3+ gets released. LOL!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darklocust said:
The latest NUSD dB is here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader/database. Copy and paste in the "database.xml" where NUS Downloader v1.2.exe is located. After that, NUSD will have SM 4.2 and IOS57 in the list database list.

QUOTE said:
While I have not updated from anything but a 4.1U system (its been a LONG time since I had 3.2), I do not see why it would not work. Updating a 3.2 system to 4.2 through Nintendo would basically do the same thing as my guide....except of course Nintendo would stub your cIOSes, remove your bootmii, hbc and your dvdx smile.gif Try to have a nand backup first before attempting it just in case tho.

Yup. Sure will. I can imagine we'll be doing the same when 4.3+ gets released. LOL!

I can imagine that my method of updating will work on all future versions. Unless of course Nintendo does something silly like having the system menu itself delete IOS222, 223, 249 and 250 in a future update.....something like they did with the HBC. But that'll be the day I'll break out the ol' hex workshop
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Osi said:
Damn, all was running good on 4.1E, but I tried waninkoko's updater 4.2, after updating dvdx,bootmi and HBC to last version with hackmii 0.5.
All went good, no error, and everything is working, except hbc that gives me a black-screen.
Dol forwarder like usb-loader or MplacerCE still work, i tried to launch hackmii installer via new bannerbomb but I have the "no vunerable IOS found" message :/

May I launch DOP-IOSv8 via bannerbomb in order to reinstall IOS30 ?
And then relaunch hackmii installer 0.5 ?
Guessing that time HBC would launch normally, I don't get it, why does it result in a black screen although everything else work juste fine
ohmy.gif

We've been talking about the "no vunerable IOS" issue in this thread for some time now! Do NOT use Waninkoko's updater, unless you plan to fix some of the problems it causes after you are done. Use my guide instead. Not only is it faster and safer, but you will not have hackmii and HBC issues when finished.

Anyway, you already did the Waninkoko updater, so perhaps use my guide to download all of the necessary wads via NUSD, then bannerbomb and run wad manager and install them.

Osi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i should have done that you're right, anyway it works now with IOS30 from dop-ios8.
I'll take a closer look at that, thank you
smile.gif

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
john1010_ma said:
zektor said:

Zektor, according to Wiibrew, IOS57 "Contains new or updated modules "OHCI0 USB USB_HID USB_HUB USB_MSC USB_VEN ETH" . I wonder does installing this IOS have a detrimental effect on USB loaders?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

Not that I see. All of my drives work as they did before. Could just be USB driver fixes.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
zektor, I have some questions concerning your guide:

- Are the IOS to download of your list the same for a PAL Wii?

- I just used the NUSDownloader for the first time and downloaded IOS12 for the first time and this is the message I get:
QUOTE said:
--- IOS12 ---
Grabbing tmd.269...
Grabbing cetk...
Content #: 2
Total Size: 1610068 bytes
Grabbing 00000006... (64 bytes)
Grabbing 00000007... (1610004 bytes)
NUS Download Finished.
Cert wrote (0x40)
Ticket wrote (0xa40)
TMD wrote (0xd00)
00000006 wrote (0xf40)
00000007 wrote (0xf80) (Safe Mismatch)