Want to attempt to TSOP my xbox, What wires do you suggest?

Soccerdies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soldering iron, solder, flux etc, and I've soldered a little bit. (replacing batteries on pokemon games and fixing connections on some electronics) I want to TSOP my xbox but i know i need to solder wires to certain points on the motherboard. I dont own any wire and would have to buy some so what kind do you suggest. Eventually I'm going to upgrade the HDD and load my baby up, its already soft modded.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the mobo revision I guess but I was usually able to do no wire, just solder bridge a couple points. If I remember correctly there's 2 types of boards that can be tsoped, one you can just open the case and do a single bridged connection on the top of the board, while the other requires a second set of points bridged on the underside.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a new solderer jumping into the fine pitch stuff then most would suggest kynar wire -- its covering does better with heat than the cheaper and more common types.

"I'm going to upgrade the HDD"
Are lockable drives that hard to come by these days that you would do this over messing with Chimp for a little while?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1