Hacking Homebrew Oldies Want to see if I can use smash bros exdata to make a new hack method

tntcraft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
According to something I read, (was reading about emunand) it said that on old 3ds it would create sd card exdata that will boot up with the 3ds. So, was wondering if that exdata could be attacked to boot up into the homebrew launcher?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to something I read, (was reading about emunand) it said that on old 3ds it would create sd card exdata that will boot up with the 3ds. So, was wondering if that exdata could be attacked to boot up into the homebrew launcher?
Good luck with that

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sir, would like an answer that actually helps
What are you expecting? If it was easy enough to access the Homebrew Launcher in one of the most popular games ever released for the 3DS that someone with no idea what he was doing could manage it, don't you think someone else would have done it by now?

There was a Homebrew Launcher exploit for Smash Bros at one point, but it was patched somehow or another. I don't know the details; no one's mentioned it in years.
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_smashbroshax

According to something I read, (was reading about emunand)
You could probably start by posting a link to whatever it was you thought you read (or instructions on how to Google for it if you can't post links yet).

tntcraft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
cant post links it was homemenuhax on hiscord saying that smash bros exdata boots up on 3ds bootup
Post automatically merged:

cant post links it was homemenuhax on hiscord saying that smash bros exdata boots up on 3ds bootup
sorry not discord it was github

tntcraft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
in return to menu it does

old 3ds

sorry was having spambot issues

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in return to menu it does
No, sir, it does not say anything about emunand or "smash bros exdata".

On Old3DS with applications which trigger a firmlaunch due to requiring more memory for the APPLICATION memregion, pressing the HOME button will result in a hang due to Home Menu crashing with menuhax installed. This include Super Smash Bros, Monster Hunter as well as Pokemon Sun and Moon.

The only way this could ever be resolved is with a Home Menu vuln which doesn't involve linearmem pre-*hax-payload, unlike all of the ones used in this repo publicly currently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=69933f0a4cfed499&sxsrf=ACQVn08UU4S4cC-9DO7SMoXZcQFXAtpTYA:1...