lazyguy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you saw my thread before, that's still in the front page, I removed the cap, cleaned the console, and replaced the thermal paste of my xbox.

The xbox in question is hardmodded, has a 8gb hdd with slayer 2.7 and evox installed (but other than that, it's barebones).
I tried to replace the hdd with a 250gb drive, but I could not boot 'truhexen2021'. I burned both dvd+r and dvd-r and it will not boot. It spins for 5 secs and on the dashboard i see it goes to 'init' then goes back to 'no disc'.
I do not have an original xbox disc to test, but regardless, if it can't read burned dvd, the drive is effectively dead since I can't boot to rebuild the hdd.

So I'm wondering what my options are now?
I really would want to clone the xbox hdd on pc, then reimage it to the bigger hdd, then somehow expand the partitions.
As far as I've read, there's people that's cloned hdd using those multibay hdd docks that does 'sector by sector' copies, however, that would require some ancient dock with ide interface and probably costs alot.
I already see there's you can do some hdd transfer/cloning while the xbox is on, but from quick glance at the tutorials, they're all for softmods because the process involves extractive and copying eeproms?

update: I stumbled across a recovery hdd image of an xbox drive and was able to just clone that on the computer

Last edited by lazyguy, , Reason: update

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Which modchip/BIOS do you have?

With non-TSOP softmods, the issue is ‘locking’ the HDD using a key stored in the stock BIOS. However if your modchip BIOS can bypass this then you shouldn’t need to worry about this and only need to format/restore a backup of the HDD to the new one.

Last edited by tech3475,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.