Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the above, the 4th amendment only applies to unreasonable searches of your person or property. Extending that to things you post online is ludicrous. The point is so the police can't kick down your door and search your house for the hell of it.

Sorry to derail, people hiding behind the constitution without knowing it is a pet peeves of mine....

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down. I don't see why you're getting so upset, I didn't mean to offend you, I merely stated the facts - there are better places out there for Nintendo to keep a watchful eye on. ;)
Did he edit or something? I missed that post you quoted. It is all in good fun Blinkzane. Everyone has bad days.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the above, the 4th amendment only applies to unreasonable searches of your person or property. Extending that to things you post online is ludicrous. The point is so the police can't kick down your door and search your house for the hell of it.

Sorry to derail, people hiding behind the constitution without knowing it is a pet peeves of mine....
Okay, so since monitoring your phone calls, internet usage, text messages, copying your physical mail is okay, surely you have no objection to having a camera on you at all times? The idea was to be free, or die. Now we have a bunch of pussies who cannot read and who are like, "I like it, I love it, it is for the Earth, make me buy what I cannot afford, tax me for it, monitor my bank accounts, take away my free will, and those who are against it are hiding behind the document this country was founded upon because the country is DEAD, yeah." If you argue it is reasonable search/seizure on what justification?

EDIT: those who oppose are racists, controlling, and against privacy. Oh, privacy ONLY for those doing this to everyone else, I see how that works.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I edited. What has anything you promote stopped?
That's the problem with this kind of surveillance - you don't get to hear about crimes that were prevented, only those which were successfuly committed.

"If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear from Internet monitoring." Okay, lets put a camera on you 24 hours a day to test your dedication to this view, AND know it is all watched. "If you won't do it in public, don't do it" is this right? So why are people so damn secretive when they sell it as you try to do? Surely, the White House and any other "public business" should be monitored right? Why so secretive?
This is not at all an equivalent. If you take a dump in a public area under the watchful eye of a CCTV camera, you're putting yourself in trouble. If you break the law on a publicly available Internet forum, you're taking a metaphorical dump in a public area - anyone can see you taking this dump but you're taking it anyways because you think others can't see. But they can. Because it's a public area.

That, and we're derailing the topic. :P

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is similar, i feel like the topic stands because it relates to nintendo using public info so feel free to continue. lol

I enjoy reading political views, I'd rather not argue them.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a possible exploit then it may still work with the mini Wii, if there were someway to install hbc from usb.

if the motherboard is the same you can solder a new usb slot into the system.
we're talking about Wii U though.
well.
I am.
they're talking politics.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Possible hack from mii is not from yesterday... But weird things on doing useless things with it...
What about a softmoded wiimote to hack PS3 via BT stack exploit ?
Shit, Sony is watching too, soon a 4.50 ;)

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the motherboard is the same you can solder a new usb slot into the system.
we're talking about Wii U though.
well.
I am.
they're talking politics.
Were, I proved my point. You cannot hide behind the 4th amendment and refuse to have no privacy while you are...against the fourth amendment. The state only needs (or not even say) to say "Anyone with free will is a potential terrorist." the 4th amendment does not apply to anything now (seriously) so surely for security you have no choice and will take the camera. If you refuse, on what basis? You argued for your rights to be gone. 4th amendment applies to all people at all times, or to nobody at any time. If they can see it (like out in the open), then it is legal, right? This is beyond the forum, it is about life, consider it instead of being angry.

About that Wii and USB port, I know deadlyfoez and others were into modding hardware. I think it needs an SD card "port" to hack. I recall from the 360 days there were ways to add MANY things, at least to the FAT models. I was interested in this as it passed something onto the Wii U side, unless I misunderstood it. WHY though, why is everyone so damned concerned about the Wii mini? OH, the Wii mini might have support cut out of it's OS for USB/SD ports so even finding a way to solder them in would not matter. I think there is 5% interest in the Wii mini. There are PLENTY of other Wii units out there. Unless it is for pride or some challenge I don't see f0f or others who COULD hack it get at it.

Reactions: blinkzane

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This whole thread is completely pointless.

Yes, Nintendo watches GBAtemp. They have for a very, very long time. They also watch sites like IGN, Kotaku, Destructoid, and various other gaming forums including warez sites.

No, GBAtemp is not a priority target of Nintendo's.

No, it's not a violation of your 4th amendment rights to have anyone read your posts on a PUBLIC forum. (wtf?)

No, this site will not, at least in the foreseeable future, become invite-only.

23YtNlT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH