Hacking /!\WARNING/!\ Youtube + SX OS Video = Strike

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not even illegal to use the sxos and dongle. Therefore, the videos should not be removed. The exploit should not be there in the first place. Thats to bad the genie is out of the bottle. Miiverse is down so Princess Peach's Gestapo has nothing better to do.
SO why have Nintendo not gone after the SX creators. If talking about it gets your videos pulled then making money should be a bigger offence.....

Last edited by Captain_N,

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Kind of obvious WHY they do it, i mean it's a tool used for piracy, specifically to pirate THEIR console. I this specific case it's actually very unclear if free use applies or not
It's not at all "unclear" if talking about modifying a product you own is legal or not. It is.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. Sadly, I'm not sure if you're allowed to do anything about it because they are indeed in the right.
If you don't show any pirated content, I don't think Nintendo is in their right to do anything as I don't think anyone signed a contract saying that they can't show nintendo stuff customized\hacked.

If we break their TOS we are not breaking youtube rules or law...

ps: Its my opinion...

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Depends on the KIND of modification, if the modification itself is legal or not. Fair Use law is one of the most unclear law in existance
Yeas, but fair use doesn't even apply if your'e just making a video of installing/running/discussing homebrew or mods. Well, I guess you could censor the Ninty logo on boot.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about we fight back, create a bunch of google accounts and reupload his videos en masse.
Not worth it.
Claim it back. What Nintendo is doing is against the law and they think again that they're above the law. Fuck them
This, claim the video back, but also (if you are a youtuber) upload a new video talking about how nintendo is abusing the copyright tools to attack the homebrew community and censor/shutdown small channels. Maybe some bad PR everywhere will make them think a bit.

Last edited by Pachee,
Reactions: kumikochan

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was watching Tech James' video about custom Switch themes and it appears N is after him, too! @0:20

He has all kinds of informative videos.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how my retroNX video has been up on YouTube the whole time. Technically in America, jailbreaking phones is legal, Nintendo Switch is no different. Some people on here may believe otherwise but there also from other countries aswell, I'd say Nintendo still believes in archaic laws from the 100 years ago, so does Japan as a whole.

Here's my video.

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone so I received another strike 2 days ago and my channel was deleted... and many others related to switch hacking
BUT, today I saw that a strike has been removed from my channel, so all my videos are here and I can upload more. Btw all the channel that were deleted are here again, I don't what nintendo did (because I never asked for strike removal) but that's a good thing

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone so I received another strike 2 days ago and my channel was deleted... and many others related to switch hacking
BUT, today I saw that a strike has been removed from my channel, so all my videos are here and I can upload more. Btw all the channel that were deleted are here again, I don't what nintendo did (because I never asked for strike removal) but that's a good thing
Its could be the fact that Nintendo is just abusing the video take downs and Youtube is actually doing something about it. Tech James and Skullator recently got hit with 2 strikes and those guys cover all hackable consoles

Reactions: Aldoria

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how my retroNX video has been up on YouTube the whole time. Technically in America, jailbreaking phones is legal, Nintendo Switch is no different. Some people on here may believe otherwise but there also from other countries aswell, I'd say Nintendo still believes in archaic laws from the 100 years ago, so does Japan as a whole.

As I understand it, phones have an explicit exception in the DMCA, while video game consoles do not.

Again not that legality matters at all for Youtube strikes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g