Hacking Wasted money on Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People keep saying Gateway might not have homebrew support right away or whatever, but couldn't you just run a Cubic Ninja rom on Gateway if that turned out to be the case? Or does that not work?
Of course Gateway has full homebrew support. Didn't these people see the video? It allows CIA instalation on fw 9.2 too.

Reactions: tbb043

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First off I only spent 5 bucks for my copy but personally I do not support 3DS piracy, only the homebrew scene and by buying Gateway you are supporting piracy, like it or not. Ninjhax is the first step to the flourishing of the independent 3DS homebrew scene.
Gateway will also make the 3DS's (New 3DS too) sales skyrocket. With so many people owning them it's much more likely Nintendo will invest more in making their nice games.

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway will also make the 3DS's (New 3DS too) sales skyrocket. With so many people owning them it's much more likely Nintendo will invest more in making their nice games.

People who hack only account for a very small no. of sales, if any. It's not gonna make them skyrocket or "make them make better games". That makes no sense.

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That money invested in their nice games will go to waste because afore-mentioned nice games will just get pirated for free. Also I'm unsure how many people will buy a New 3DS just so that they can use Gateway on it.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People who hack only account for a very small no. of sales, if any. It's not gonna make them skyrocket or "make them make better games". That makes no sense.
If the game is good and people have the money, they will buy it.
Piracy is extremely harmful to dumb shovelware developers, though.

That money invested in their nice games will go to waste because afore-mentioned nice games will just get pirated for free. Also I'm unsure how many people will buy a New 3DS just so that they can use Gateway on it.
I will. I would have one already if it wasn't so much trouble to import one.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's dumb shovelware why would somebody even pirate it. And even shovelware developers gotta eat somehow.
Nah, shovelware developers should not eat until they start making decent stuff.
They are destroyed by piracy simply because they can't scam people with misleading ads and merchandising. People just download their crappy game for free and spread the word.

Neath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you are unhappy with it, just sell it on ebay,

Well I am thinking about doing that and selling it for $10 because I can just download it onto my Gateway if there is a hit for the NinjHax. I just don't see it happening, also with Gateways homebrew and CIA support.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if I had bought a copy of CB, I would now think it was a waste of money.
Why would you ever feel that?

It is open-source, and has contributed alot to the community. In my eyes, Gateway has too, but its nice to see things being opensource.
Nope. It gave the 3DS Homebrew scene a much needed shot in the arm, and may have played some role in Gateway's upcoming release of a 9.2 exploit(?). Ninjhax opened up 3DS homebrew for a much wider audience- not just 4.5 users. You should be thanking smea et al. for all the work they put into crafting such a great launcher and tool set as well.
I don't think that's what the OP was talking about.
And even shovelware developers gotta eat somehow.
Then they should find a job that doesn't involve flooding the market with garbage.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to snatch Cubic Ninja immediately after the announcement so I'm planning to keep it stashed away for now since I don't feel any need to resell for profit. If anyone payed over $10 for this game then money is already being wasted. It was literally dirt cheap before the announcement and a Gateway seems more worth a hefty price.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't waste your money on NinjHax/Cubic Ninja it's going to be obsolete !

Dude, really? You had to say that? Not everyone wants a Gateway, you know? I love how people are indirectly dissing Smea for his stance and for what he did. I call BS. The sheer sycophancy is astounding :rolleyes: So a guy releases a hack and doesn't condone piracy justifies people calling his hack obsolete. Got it.

Reactions: minexew

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Gateway does everything and more, but one does not simply own a gateway and not pirate every single game that comes out.

If nintendo was open minded they could patch gateway and leave ninjhax alone, not that I want gateway to go away, for some people in some countries it's piracy or bust.

i do :3 piracy is king

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
First off I only spent 5 bucks for my copy but personally I do not support 3DS piracy, only the homebrew scene and by buying Gateway you are supporting piracy, like it or not.
That seems like a bit of a fallacy. You "support" piracy by pirating games. Gateway only sells you the hardware, and what you do with that hardware is your decision. I support Gateway, and I do "support" piracy occasionally, but they are two separate things. There are certainly people out there who might use Gateway simply to backup their existing 3DS library and only have to carry around one cartridge. There are also people who might only use it for running homebrew.

I put "support" in quotes because it's actually pretty hard to claim support for something that you contribute nothing to financially or resource-wise other than a few gigabytes of storage space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1