Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC courses revealed, launches next month

Eight more tracks are on the way, for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass DLC. Wave 3's courses have been revealed, with the following levels included:
  • Maple Treeway |MK Wii
  • Rainbow Road |MK 7
  • Boo Lake | MK GBA
  • Berlin Byways | Tour
  • Rock Rock Mountain | MK 7
  • Peach Gardens | MK DS
  • London Loop | Tour
  • Merry Mountain | Tour
Wave 3 launches on December 7th. The Booster Course Pass is available for $24.99, or can be gotten with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscription.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it was actually all on the cartridge? Huh, I figured it was just the regular SwSh cart and then a code to download the expansion pass.
It has this on the bottom of the box so it seems like it's all there:

1669061160935.png

Reactions: NumberXIIIEdwin

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Airship fortress is my number 1 preferred course by a long shot.
Amsterdam Drift will also get my upvote for being my number 1 city in the world.

Wished we could actually vote somewhere for real....
I agree on both. My mom actually lives over there. Me and my dad live in NYC. So we don't see her a lot.
Post automatically merged:

That reminds me, Xenoblade got a DLC card, too. Apparently rare now or something.
You mean the Torna: The Golden Country DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2?
I got that one new, I bought it 4 months ago for €50

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has this on the bottom of the box so it seems like it's all there:

View attachment 339217

Wow, that’s not something you see every day. That’s actually pretty cool. Nowadays whenever they do stuff like this I just assume they just drop in a download code for the DLC and call it a day. The more you know!

Reactions: Marc_LFD

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I admit this wave looks good but then again: Screw you Nintendo for not just freakin' putting out all those waves at once. It's so damn stupid. I'm pretty sure they are done for months now with the work and may only adjust a few things here and there if the community freaks out too much (like for the not moving cars in the Mall course).

I'm rather excited for this:

• Love
Reactions: Ligeia and Marc_LFD

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but... Nintendo sure is putting a lot of DLC and stuff on the Switch from past games in these versions. Super Smash Bros. got every character, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting all the old race courses, and we're even seeing titles that didn't do well be added to Nintendo Switch Online along with big releases. It's almost as if Nintendo expects this to be their last console!

When they finally can the eShop on the 3DS and Wii U, then what? Bring all the content from there to the Switch too? I mean; in a way, they already have started that trend: Miitopia, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze... and they've still been adding to it.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just crazy. :wacko:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Honestly same but kind of doubt Nintendo would ever do that. I don’t think they’ve ever do that or at least not jacked up the price when they did
they already did that several times in japan you go breath of the wild complete edition with all dlc on cartridge and splatoon 2 complete edition with all dlc on cartridge, and pokemon got a complete edition too so there is a chance imo.

So it was actually all on the cartridge? Huh, I figured it was just the regular SwSh cart and then a code to download the expansion pass.
it was all on cartridge.

Last edited by pedro702,

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berlin?
Since when - aside from educational games - do Mario games feature the names of real cities?
Only Mario Kart Tour, where all of the real life city tracks come from, features those names so far, besides some of the earliest Mario games implicitly taking place in New York City (which as of Super Mario Odyssey has been retconned to the in-universe New Donk City).

The lack of Double Dash levels is disappointing
I felt the same, until I realized that the prefix leaks point to 4 courses being allocated for Double Dash. We'll have to wait until next year for at least one to appear. It also looks like one of the future waves will have 2 of those courses.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol