Gaming way to play base ps4 versions on ps5 instead of pro version

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe i'm asking this, but is there a way to force the ps5 to play the slim ps4 code for a ps4 game instead of using the pro's resolution/visuals/etc? normally i'd never even consider this, but dragon quest 11 (2017 version) has REALLY bad checkerboarding on pro/ps5 that heavily smears the entire screen every time you move the camera at all. it somehow actively feels much harder to see the game or take in and appreciate the visuals than the 900p30 slim version

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not happening lol, square abandoned it after releasing the (very graphically gimped, they ported over the visuals from the switch version) special edition like every company does for revised versions of their games

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not happening lol, square abandoned it after releasing the (very graphically gimped, they ported over the visuals from the switch version) special edition like every company does for revised versions of their games
I suppose if the PS5 HV gets hacked you could potentially turn down the settings, or install a FPKG patch that downgrades the games visuals, instead of the traditional upgraded visuals/60fps patches….

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least on pro a workaround is to change video settings to 1080p. FYI if your 4k TV works well at 1080p that is.
on mine it, mitigates it somewhat? maybe less blur but its such a small step up that i'm not even sure if i'm just seeing things

edit: actually, there seems to be a little bit of motion smearing in all my games, at any output resolution. the slim i tried dqxi on was hooked up to a different tv

Last edited by CaseyDog,

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on mine it, mitigates it somewhat? maybe less blur but its such a small step up that i'm not even sure if i'm just seeing things

edit: actually, there seems to be a little bit of motion smearing in all my games, at any output resolution
Are you running in game mode? Check your TV settings.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the minimal information i could gather on this tv through google ("lg um6900puag" in the settings, though i could only find results for it without the G at the end online), the problem is the trumotion setting, which you for some ungodly reason can't scroll down to in the video settings, even though it's listed as accessible in the menu page before it. it's not even visibly greyed out, you just can't move the scroll bar down all the way to reach it

for the record, this thing also suffers from extremely dull and washed out colours, crushed blacks, hdr that somehow looks worse than its sdr, and extremely high input lag even with game mode on. it was many hundreds of dollars.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the minimal information i could gather on this tv through google ("lg um6900puag" in the settings, though i could only find results for it without the G at the end online), the problem is the trumotion setting, which you for some ungodly reason can't scroll down to in the video settings, even though it's listed as accessible in the menu page before it. it's not even visibly greyed out, you just can't move the scroll bar down all the way to reach it

for the record, this thing also suffers from extremely dull and washed out colours, crushed blacks, hdr that somehow looks worse than its sdr, and extremely high input lag even with game mode on. it was many hundreds of dollars.
yeah not a a good gaming 4k I have LG c1 oled now that has good gaming mode on boost mode for lag is crazy fast and since it is oled almost perfect contrast.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's actually hard to tell if it's inability to turn trumotion off or if it's just forced off in certain picture modes, the ui makes it very hard to tell

i won't be able to afford an oled or any better tv for a long while lol, especially with all the higher priority purchases i have (pc is my main platform and i usually play switch games in handheld mode)

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's actually hard to tell if it's inability to turn trumotion off or if it's just forced off in certain picture modes, the ui makes it very hard to tell

i won't be able to afford an oled or any better tv for a long while lol, especially with all the higher priority purchases i have (pc is my main platform and i usually play switch games in handheld mode)
Forced off in game mode can cause lag if on as well as jutter and stuttering if on.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know, i guess the blur is probably just a fault of the tv, then. on the bright side, i also did a factory reset in the process of trying to fix this, and my input lag is way better now! no clue what setting got changed to fix that

Reactions: Randqalan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are camera settings in dragon quest Xi, even how fast the camera pans. It was too slow for me, so I think I used level 6 for perfect balance of speed. I'm sure this is tv related, maybe lag. I couldn't really see anything wrong with your video, though I have really bad vision and I never wear my glasses.

Reactions: Randqalan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side