We love GBAtemp v3!

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Heaps of awesome new features, good work guys! Unsure about the skin at all though, the GBATemp Lite skin is very modern and looks lovely, this new skin reminds me of the way the web was around six years ago and I really don't like it much at all, sorry ;(

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you must all have a specific idea of "how the web was in the early 2000'ies"... because I have no idea what you're talking about... and I've been using the web since 1999...

I begin to wonder if the skin is broken or something...
wtf.gif

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
lol, I like the old vanilla color scheme, so sticking with Lite is just perfect. The new skin is a tad too garish for my liking.

and in the 90s most pple are still on dial-up..? I only came in after 1999, things were still pretty slow then

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Basically, websites now seem to be focusing on using very clean, almost minimalistic designs that allow you to easily see the important bits; the content. GBALite skin does this just perfectly, I love it
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the skin is cool, and I've been online since 1200 baud was considered blazingly fast.
I've had a little time now to check out the G-Online too, soo much better, quicker, easier, more informative.
..and since I do love the skin, maybe I won't be slapped for suggesting a skin competition, so all the haters can put their money where their mouth is..
nyanya.gif

*flinch*

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
you must all have a specific idea of "how the web was in the early 2000'ies"... because I have no idea what you're talking about... and I've been using the web since 1999...
dot-com bubble burst anybody? So roughly the time where the web turned into a fiasco as everyone tried to pack as much color frenziness and inaccessibility on a page as possible. Then people noticed how crap this is and "web page ergonomy" started to get on it's way. A lot still have not learned good web design but it hopefully gets better. Skins by the way count also as a factor determining good ergonomy of a web page ( evaluation point "presentation and accessibility" ).

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I knew this skin would get finished eventually! It's only taken, what, two years?
tongue.gif

Wiki is awesome and I love it. Should get some great articles in time!
Is JeX- back? Or did he just agree to letting you guys use his skin?
G-Online is exactly what I intended it to be, awesome job!

Here's to working towards v4!
grog.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I think you guys just overdone it a little bit with the new lay-out, to much things destracting me from teh info.

But thats what teh skin changer is for!

Exactly. I'm not a huge fan of the new site design, but keeping the option to revert back to the old style was a good move.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the new functionality that's been added. For instance, the new G-Online is just great. However, I wouldn't mind the option to be able to sort the games in different ways. Sort by region, or sort by highest ranking would be awesome.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did gbatemp just stop working for about 5 mins there with anyone or was it just me. i was getting page can not be displayed errors.
unsure.gif
every other site was working.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Well sometimes the server gets slow due to complexity of the website (it's difficult to realize the amount of resources it takes to load one single page)
So, what I do is I turn the server off, optimize the databases and turn it back on.
I've done it a lot before though, and no one complained
tongue.gif

We're already considering getting a new *powerful* server, it could truly help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1