Hacking We made some videos, please check it out.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Omg, Gbc emulation with rtc capabilities, cheats and more

Im cant wait to put my hands on it
Hoping if will come in gba cartridge size too

Im throwing my wallet on the screen and doenst working, am i doing right??

Last edited by trigao,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Omg, Gbc emulation with rtc capabilities, cheats and more

Im cant wait to put my hands on it
Hoping if will come in gba cartridge size too

Im throwing my wallet on the screen and doenst working, am i doing right??

Now so excited? you will be mad when final episode release. no other cards in the market can do that.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now so excited? you will be mad when final episode release. no other cards in the market can do that.
Can the cart mask itself as an official GBA cartridge for Slot-1 (DS) games when used in a Nintendo DS? Such as being compatible with the Pal Park/Poké Transfer and inserted Gen3 game specific encounters in the DS era of Pokemon games. Besides Pokemon, I know other games can make use Slot-2 in a similar way.
Edit: I think they can already do this. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Thunder Hawk,
Reactions: Invader TAK

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can the cart mask itself as an official GBA cartridge for Slot-1 (DS) games when used in a Nintendo DS? Such as the Pal Park in the DS era of Pokemon games?
I think for dpp there is a patch that work with ez flash 3in1.... not sure about hgss and bw/b2w2

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This card will make me breakfast and clean my house - confirmed :D
Here's to hoping it wont be too expensive :)

EDIT: as for the NDS/GB emulation: I hope it will be "modular" - i.e. we have to place goomba.gba and pocketnes.gba somewhere and it wont be "baked" into the firmware so we can replace it with whatever version of the emulator we desire.

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: zfreeman

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This card will make me breakfast and clean my house - confirmed :D
Here's to hoping it wont be too expensive :)

EDIT: as for the NDS/GB emulation: I hope it will be "modular" - i.e. we have to place goomba.gba and pocketnes.gba somewhere and it wont be "baked" into the firmware so we can replace it with whatever version of the emulator we desire.

sorry, for the best performance, the emulators were modified and 'baked' in to the firmware.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, for the best performance, the emulators were modified and 'baked' in to the firmware.

Are there any plans to provide tools to allow users to "bake" their own firmware for emulators, themes, or whatever else is in the firmware? I'd really like to be able to throw in Pogoshell plugins, if possible, or my own emulator forks.

I've already bought three EZ IVs, and yet the announces of the much faster loads and the plugin-like support does have me rather excited. Clean ROMs and cheat support is also pretty exciting. I presume IPS patch support or similar is out of the question. :) So, yea, I'm tempted to get this if the price isn't too high to really flesh out my GB Player setup.

Reactions: zfreeman

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the last video shows the case in it's small size, or at least the prototype case, and shows that the RTC battery removed. Is it safe to assume that the RTC battery can be easily replaced if/when it runs dry?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, but the Real Time Clock requires a battery, doesn't it?
From what I can gather in the 7th video the card usually has a battery for RTC functionality, but they removed it for the video to demonstrate that no battery is needed for saving games (i.e. the save is written to the SD card during runtime.).

Now that we have a complete feature list, there's only 2 questions remaining:

1. When?
2. How Much?

Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: Invader TAK

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, that's pretty awesome. Admittedly, since I'm so used to going back to the menu anyways, it's rather a moot point to me. I'd go as far as saying hacking out the "Battery Dry" and being able to bake in the language choice to English would alleviate most peoples need for a battery so long as, again, people just remember to reset. I think there's only a handful of games one has to worry about Quick Power Cycle because the reset combo doesn't work properly. :/

Not that I'm trying to diminishing the point. I'm mostly curious if they're offering in the old GBA-size cart so it'll fit the GB Player. If so, then the whole no-battery needed thing is awesome and makes the thing a pretty much perfect solid state thing. Then all I need to do is make the Gamecube solid state--yea, not going to happen--and then I'm golden. :)

Yes it does.

AFAIK, there's no real requirement that you have a battery for a RTC. I could be wrong, but I'd imagine the cart could still draw power from the GBA itself even if the system is "off". Considering that a watch can live off a coin battery for 5+ years, I'd imagine a much longer life to the GBA SP battery if that's how it works. Of course, without any sort of battery, the RTC only really needs power while the system is on to function in game and the user can reset the time in the menu. To be in the ballpark of the correct time, the system could write the RTC out once a minute. Something similar is done for the Raspberry Pi (and probably a lot of other systems). But, yea, they probably have a battery anyways. :)

Last edited by kuwanger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...