Hacking Discussion we need a good cfw and community

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Offer support or downloads through discord it's a very weird idea that all start doing here, the forums are the best site to support, it's possible found the solution to your problem without need to talk with someone again if it's the same case.

This is one of the bad points of the current scene, it is splited a lot through a lot of discord servers and teams, instead work together to improve it like the old times.

Personally I only use forums, I never go to any discords to ask or search anything.

I use both. And honestly the only reason i was even in these Discord servers is, or should i say WAS, because of CDNSP. Though some o the servers now have repositories for .NSP and .XCI files so i stick around just in case i need it. And whenever someone there asks a question no one has the answer to, i often refer them to relevant threads here as it's still the bet source of information and there have been some people who have said they were unable to find any help here. Of course i have no way to verify this information but it's there

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not getting help is also a huge complaint, i see it all the time on the switch related Discord servers i frequent
That's hardly exclusive to the switch scene; therefore, calling it a major issue within the community is a bit of a stretch.

I can actually. But just because i can self teach it doesn't mean that
A)everyone else can too
B) i wont have questions in the future
The are things you can't learn without help, simple as that
I never said that everyone could self teach themselves on how to hack their Switch (though it is quite simple to do), nor did I say you won't have any future questions; I was just pointing out how foolish it is to assume that no one can learn the basics of something without someone teaching them. I didn't even specify Switch hacking in that case either.

Now i'm not saying this community is toxic or horrible or anything like that, hell it's been pretty good to me so far. But it's certainly...problematic. Especially for noobs
While I agree that there are problems within the community, the same could be said for every other community out there. That's not to say you have to ignore the problems; it's just something to consider.

I also don't see it being as problematic for noobs as some people make it out to be. Everything is pretty much spoon-fed nowadays. Most of what they need can be found in stickied threads.

MrKlon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i prefer choices. i love luma3ds but i dont want another monopoly on custom firmware on the switch. if you think it sucks why dont you build something you like. oh wait but then wel have 4 cfw and you dont wantclutter

Reactions: fr33x74

Mr_Milenko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
switch hacking scene sucks

- Atmosphere: had drama and some of their major developers left the team, delay after delay, nothing for end-user, totally dictatorial and they ban you for shitty reasons
- RajNX: it's atmosphere with sig patches for trolling reinx, totally worthless
- ReiNX: some of script kiddies gathered together and wrote a bootloader with atmosphere sysmodules and named it a cfw, the community is just full of trolls or memes, many of them are under 18, they can't even have a proper release and you'll see lots of sdfiles everywhere without even a version number, their help section is almost full of trolls, overall they have nothing from themselves and they have really poor skills, just look at their head Rei, he released cracked version of sx os as rommenu.nro but the major feature of sx os "XCI Loading" didn't work and started to shout everywhere that i cracked sx os

overall, switch scene needs a real cfw like luma on 3ds, and a good and healthy community not the one with bans, trolls, script kiddies, etc...

Here's the thing... Custom firmware is literally used as a catch all phrase for both actual, legitimate custom firmware.. and customIZED firmware packs that are patches hobbled together from multiple sources. That's literally what it has always been and will continue to be. No community will ever be this "Right-O good buddy!" hell scape of pleasantries you so deeply desire, you'll have good members and helpful users, and you'll have people who think theyre better than everyone but can't do a god damn thing themselves.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While I agree that there are problems within the community, the same could be said for every other community out there. That's not to say you have to ignore the problems; it's just something to consider.

And i never said otherwise. Just about every community has these issues. At least the one's i've seen in person and been a part of

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Offer support or downloads through discord it's a very weird idea that all start doing here, the forums are the best site to support, it's possible found the solution to your problem without need to talk with someone again if it's the same case.

This is one of the bad points of the current scene, it is splited a lot through a lot of discord servers and teams, instead work together like the old times.
Discord has almost no rules and requires very little personal data for an account. The company itself cares little about regulating their platform and they make it really hard for rights holders and content owners to file DMCA complaints. This is why people use it to share files.

That might change when Discord eventually gets purchased by a bigger company (and it'll happen because investors want to see profits), but until then...

grepoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that this completely offtopic thread has so many replies proves that all of you are just bored and want to argue one another.
Do something productive and stop beeing mean to each other and yourself.

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adubbz the developer of tinfoil also made a drama and stopped developing project

We really need someone to save switch hacking scene
There are many unskilled people in the scene that just make a product and some days or months later make a drama and abandon the project

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GBAtemp moderators be like:
Random user expressing an opinion: BAN.
Random user throwing shit everywhere: OK.

This thread is garbage and shouldn't be in a section called Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods, maybe yes as a personal blog, that's it.

Last edited by Phenj,
Reactions: blahblah
D

Deleted User

Complains about people being immature in a community,yet comes off as immature about the situation.Even luma had its toxicity,but not everyone would write paragraphs complaining.

Reactions: blahblah

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adubbz the developer of tinfoil also made a drama and stopped developing project
When was this? I'd need a source.

There are many unskilled people in the scene that just make a product and some days or months later make a drama and abandon the project
If they were so "unskilled," they wouldn't have been able to make the products they release. I do suppose it's easy for someone who develops absolutely nothing to say that though.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This thread is just ungrateful 5 year old kids who think that devs have no personal lives, PHDs in computer science, and are getting paid to do this.
It's mostly about how things are taken personal and create unecessary fuss among the community, that isn't exactly great in return either.
Everyone have their flaws, and that is sadly worse in real life.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When was this? I'd need a source.
He didn't post it on GBATemp but I and many others know for a fact that Adubbz quit developing Tinfoil due to a number of reasons and has already handed control over to XorTroll. Although the original claim of making a "drama" is overexaggerated as he made his intentions clear before giving up the reins. In a coincidental fashion, dOPUS has been removed and the thread has been locked for unknown reasons. However it may be related to Adubbz' departure as well as the fact that the author of Directory Opus of which dOPUS gets its name from threatened a trademark violation.

Reactions: Meepers55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put...