funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is absolutely disrespectful when a new member posts on this community and instead of getting welcomed they are bombarded with smart aleck responses to their very simple question. If 9.3+ can't be hacked for example, it takes the same amount of time to type. "Unfortunately,there is no release date on when the hack will be available."As opposed to writing "You fucking moron why don't you read the stickies you fucking idiot" This is completely unprofessional and shys people away from posting on this forum which in turn slows down the website traffic and ends up costing the website owner money.

You are NOT a special cookie because you read the tutorials and someone else didn't, You are NOT an expert hacker so please quit acting with the elitist attitude that you yourself developed the exploit. We need enforcement of these guidelines to assure that we have a welcoming and friendly community. Those are just my two cents.

Last edited by funnystory,

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a surprise. A thread about flamewars has turned into a flamewar.

Almost every thread eventually turns into flamewars because people seem to think their gaming addiction is a source to fuel their superiority complex. People in their youth get bullied, they come on here to do it to other people. It really is as simple as that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You aren't this person's parent tell them that bricking their 3ds was wrong. That is your superiority complex talking. How does it personally affect you that someone else ruined their 130$ gaming console, read the post? Don't like it? Let it be. The person is already going through enough grief and they do not need anymore from you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Who are you to judge to say they deserve a bit of "stick" their stick is that they are out 200$.
lets all hold hands and sing nursery rhymes.....because we are all apparently too sheltered to accept life :rolleyes:

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Almost every thread eventually turns into flamewars because people seem to think their gaming addiction is a source to fuel their superiority complex. People in their youth get bullied, they come on here to do it to other people. It really is as simple as that.
This isn't a flame war unless someone decides to make it one, currently all I see is normal arguing.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets all hold hands and sing nursery rhymes.....because we are all apparently too sheltered to accept life :rolleyes:
unfortunately some people have very low threashold and extremely thin skin, i.e "you should read the stickies" = CYBER BULLYING!!!!!!!
Yeah we should stop calling them newbs. They might get triggered.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point you're just being argumentative for the reason to just argue. Not everywhere needs to be a "reality check" or whatever point you're trying to make is. When you go to a forum, I'm pretty sure nobody goes to get shat on verbally especially after them practically losing a large sum of money. If you feel the need to defend people who literally feel the need to laugh at someone after a misfortune, I don't know what's wrong with you, honestly. It's like laughing at someone who needs a 300$ repair on their car or something similar.

I don't get your point, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Nobody deserves an asshole ridiculing them after a misfortune, even if it's self inflicted. =l

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Responding to the original post exclusively:

I know I've made some satirical and slightly pretentious posts in response to some legitimately stupid threads before, but I have to admit in the past few weeks this forum has had quite a large amonut of both noob threads, trash posts, and even trash users if I'm honest, at least what would seem to be more then usual.

I think it's the over saturation of noobish threads and trash users that has a lot to blame here. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't rather annoying.
I think the reason people are getting hostile is because there's so much of it and because with some questions the answer is in the stickies or in the forum's header, like the whole no kernel over 9.2 thing.

But I don't think there's much that can be done about it, however.
That's what happens when new hacks and emulators and an accessible homebrew/piracy exploit is released.

I'm pretty sure that 2 months ago if I posted my Newer ISO Build thread, I wouldn't have gotten a bunch of off topic babble immediately.
Or maybe I would've, who knows. :glare:

I guess just remember to use the ignore button.
If there's a user you don't want to see or hear, just ignore them.
Poof, gone. It's that easy.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
At this point you're just being argumentative for the reason to just argue. Not everywhere needs to be a "reality check" or whatever point you're trying to make is. When you go to a forum, I'm pretty sure nobody goes to get shat on verbally especially after them practically losing a large sum of money. If you feel the need to defend people who literally feel the need to laugh at someone after a misfortune, I don't know what's wrong with you, honestly. It's like laughing at someone who needs a 300$ repair on their car or something similar.

I don't get your point, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Nobody deserves an asshole ridiculing them after a misfortune, even if it's self inflicted. =l
no, im just pointing out that some of it is just as normal in everyday life as it is on here, like if i juggle chainsaws for do damn reason and hurt myself.....people would surely say that was a dumb thing to do, should i cry and say they have no right to judge me?....sure i could, but its part of life, people will laugh if someone does something dumb, i have helped plenty of people on here, and i don't go around flaming people for no reason, i can accept what the OP is saying about people being unnecessarily abusive, but to say "nobody can mention that someone did something dumb" is a step too far in the opposite direction there has to be a happy middle round :) one where its not just a flame fest, but not a day care center for for emotionally weak

Reactions: Margen67

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, im just pointing out that some of it is just as normal in everyday life as it is on here, like if i juggle chainsaws for do damn reason and hurt myself.....people would surely say that was a dumb thing to do, should i cry and say they have no right to judge me?....sure i could, but its part of life, people will laugh if someone does something dumb, i have helped plenty of people on here, and i don't go around flaming people for no reason, i can accept what the OP is saying about people being unnecessarily abusive, but to say "nobody can mention that someone did something dumb" is a step too far in the opposite direction there has to be a happy middle round :) one where its not just a flame fest, but not a day care center for for emotionally weak
Juggling Chainsaws is a bit of an over exaggeration in comparison to breaking a game device, lol.

I'm pretty sure nobody is crying though. I think the main post is about how people will probably post, be insulted due to them not reading, knowing, etc, and then never come back because of how "elitist" people can seem.

Example: (why can't you stupid people just read the stickies? Is it that fucking hard?)

Shit like that is demoralizing. But nobody is arguing that politely pointing out someone should have been more careful when trying to hack their system is bad or rude, like you seem to be saying. If someone went "We have had a lot of topics like this recently, and if you could just read the stickies instead of making a new thread, we'd appreciate it." Nobody is gonna be upset unless they're the most over-sensitive person in the world. Which at that point, the forum rules don't cover people like that, and that's not the argument that anyone is trying to make.

Overly dickish posts are the issue. Not "No saying you did something dumb!" like you seem to think..? But keep in mind there's a thin line between saying they did something stupid and being a dick about it.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the same thing that happen when the Wii was hacked. Site was flooded with new users asking the same questions over and over, and people flaming them. It is just a vicious cycle. I see many post get deleted by mods when they are overly rude, so all you can do is not be part of the flame war and report those that are. If someone is particularly nasty they will gets what's coming to them eventually.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is a very immature way to act honestly and you should know this. All I am pointing out is that the flaming on this forum is WORSE than the flaming on bodybuilding forums or weight loss forums. It has completely gotten out of hand. We shouldn't even be arguing this point and the fact that this thread has gone on for so many pages goes to show the immaturity that some members in this community display day in and day out. There is NO excuse for disrespecting members of this community PERIOD.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember a guy who posted a whole new thread saying that "there will NEVER be a kernel exploid". Notice the d at the end. Lol. And literally telling people to "STFU and buy a sky3ds".
This is one fine example of not only disgustingly rude and patronising, but also ignorant both about the subject and the language he's using.

I suggest gbatemp makes a notice in the front page telling people that only 9.2- 3ds systems are exploitable at the moment. Maybe and only that will make people refrain from asking.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately some people have very low threshold and extremely thin skin, i.e "you should read the stickies" = CYBER BULLYING!!!!!!!

anyways i see where this thread is going "accept my opinion or i will attempt to lambast you"....no hypocrisy here

You are missing the point, it is NOT your responsibility to criticize what other people do with their property,why is this so hard for you to understand?

This isn't a flame war unless someone decides to make it one, currently all I see is normal arguing.

There shouldn't even be an argument though, all forums pretty much have the same guidelines that common courtesy goes a long way in providing a quality caring community. Nobody benefits from trolls except the people that get a kick out of feeling superior to others. Even if the "dumb questions" get repetitive,more threads are created and therefore more people see the thread. It is in the site owners best interest for people to continue to make posts/threads. The fact that we even have an argument over politeness and manners speaks volumes over the issue at large.The decision to be courteous and respectful and polite should be UNANIMOUS and should be incorporated into the rules. I have been on this forums for 7 years and I am merely pointing out that it has gotten out of hand and if this behavior continues to be tolerated or even accepted, it will set a precedent for the future of this community.

Last edited by funnystory,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok well I'm going to sit this one out, most people seem to have their heads screwed on but then we have mr social justice keyboard warrior, I have reported plenty of posts I personally found to be excessively offensive, I think I have a fairly level/realistic expectations of people, if I feel someone crosses the line I will pull them up or.report the post, but not just any semi-smarmy post,

I'm not saying they are good/right, but most people keep it within what would be socially acceptable

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the same thing that happen when the Wii was hacked. Site was flooded with new users asking the same questions over and over, and people flaming them. It is just a vicious cycle. I see many post get deleted by mods when they are overly rude, so all you can do is not be part of the flame war and report those that are. If someone is particularly nasty they will gets what's coming to them eventually.

When the wii was hacked yes there was flaming, but it has gotten COMPLETELY out of hand at this point. It has gotten to the point where almost every other member is a "smart aleck". The new generation of people have really lost respect for other people and it is a shame.Wii hacking in 08 was more helpful on average in my personal opinion. All I am saying is that people need to be warned to bring this trend back down at least to how it was with wii hacking. I love coming on this website and enjoy reading users posts,but when every other post is a flame/troll it starts to sadden me that we have allowed this amount of disrespect to be continuously tolerated with no warnings.

Ok well I'm going to sit this one out, most people seem to have their heads screwed on but then we have mr social justice keyboard warrior, I have reported plenty of posts I personally found to be excessively offensive, I think I have a fairly level/realistic expectations of people, if I feel someone crosses the line I will pull them up or.report the post, but not just any semi-smarmy post,

I'm not saying they are good/right, but most people keep it within what would be socially acceptable

You are calling me names now by calling me a "social justice keyboard warrior", Your patronizing attitude is the type of behavior that I am talking about. You felt the need to comment on a suggestion that we start warning/suspending trolls so the message gets across that we are a community here to help others.

Actually most people would be empathetic to the fact that you have to live the rest of your life without your limbs/digits. I highly doubt anyone would call you stupid after such a traumatic loss and I assure you that most mentally healthy people would offer you their condolences.

Responding to the original post exclusively:

I know I've made some satirical and slightly pretentious posts in response to some legitimately stupid threads before, but I have to admit in the past few weeks this forum has had quite a large amonut of both noob threads, trash posts, and even trash users if I'm honest, at least what would seem to be more then usual.

I think it's the over saturation of noobish threads and trash users that has a lot to blame here. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't rather annoying.
I think the reason people are getting hostile is because there's so much of it and because with some questions the answer is in the stickies or in the forum's header, like the whole no kernel over 9.2 thing.

But I don't think there's much that can be done about it, however.
That's what happens when new hacks and emulators and an accessible homebrew/piracy exploit is released.

I'm pretty sure that 2 months ago if I posted my Newer ISO Build thread, I wouldn't have gotten a bunch of off topic babble immediately.
Or maybe I would've, who knows. :glare:

I guess just remember to use the ignore button.
If there's a user you don't want to see or hear, just ignore them.
Poof, gone. It's that easy.

The issue lies with immature/younger members that do not understand how to properly articulate their thoughts without sounding condescending. When the xbox 360 got flashed these posts did not happen where there was an entire thread of flame wars. Maybe it is due to the fact that nintendo attracts a younger consumer base. Most people want to get their quick response and leave,even a message saying "Google it" is alot less immature than the countless pages of flaming that go on day in and day out. I invite everyone in this thread to google other hacking communities and see if that type of behavior pervades the entire first page of 3ds hacking. I am not complaining to complain but it has gotten COMPLETELY and UTTERLY out of hand and at the end of the day it completely ruins the sense of camaraderie that I feel we could provide. The more people that post/feel welcome here, the more money the web OWNER makes and the more people that post here. From a business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to continue to allow people to flame/insult for pages on end. GBATEMP was not like this in the past, I am just here to personally point out that it ruins the experience for someone that wants to break into the GBAtemp community. This is not a high school jock group, this is a gaming community.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Good luck with your suggestion, personally I leave the mods to do their own job and I do mine by reporting objectionable content, if you dislike my comments feel free to report them, that's what the report feature is for, maybe I'm just way off the.line and.live in a particularly harsh part of the world, but imho the site is fine, yeah there has been.people lately getting too offensive, and those people have already been banned/suspended, the.mods are doing their job just fine imho

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My two cents on this:

Every now and then there is a Noob-flood. Back in the day when a pokemon game is released, when a zelda is released, and so on. Then when the R4 card became popular and everyone and their grandmother could delve into the "scene", there came floods with Noobs asking the same questions over and over again. And now, with CFW and Gateway and all manners of confusing stuff, the same questions gets asked again and again.
Hell, even I was about to post a repeat question about CFW, but instead of seeking instant gratification, I did some more research and found my answers in other posts here. (Managed to get RxTools, and install CIAs, and all that jazz, all without asking a single question).

Now, who anwers rudly? Mostly it's other Noobs. Sometimes it's regulars here who have grown tired of the 495th time the same question has been asked, but mostly noobs. Elitist noobs.
There's nothing to do about it than calling them out when they are being rude. Reply to them, say, "hey, it doesn't hurt to be nice"... if it's really rude, report them.

The rudies will disappear eventually anyway.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are missing the point, it is NOT your responsibility to criticize what other people do with their property,why is this so hard for you to understand?
If somebody did something with their property that was stupid I might criticize it regardless of whether or not it's my "responsibility."
It depends on the situation.

Last edited by Margen67,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow