Hacking Homebrew app Webman mod: Aldo needs help

nCadeRegal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all here on the temp. Aldo posted over at psxplace that his one and only ps3 died today. We are trying to raise funds for him to purchase a new one. Without a cfw enabled ps3 Aldo cannot continue working on wmm and this homebrew app used by everyone would cease to exist. Please help return the favor by sending him a few bucks to aquire a new ps3. I can't leave a link here but maybe someone can. It's stickied in the ps3 section over at psxplace. Thanks

Last edited by nCadeRegal,

nCadeRegal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you are godreborn here on temp Pinkstuff. Thanks for posting the link here. Seems it isn't as active here in the ps3 section as it is over on our end. It would really suck If Aldo stops updating wmm. It's such an awesome brew, a must have for any cfw enabled ps3! BTW, have you heard from atreyu lately? He hasn't been around in some time, I tried pm him awhile ago to no avail.... even his Twitter went dark when I was checking it, been awhile for that though. Gimme a shout.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I intended to send him some money a few weeks ago, but he never responded with the paypal address. I didn't find out until recently that he had notifications turned off, so he probably never knew about the thread. even if everyone who uses wmm, irisman, his ps3tools, etc. sent him a $1 or maybe even a penny, he'd have enough in no time. can't believe people can be so cheap.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nCadeRegal , yes, I still speak with @atreyu187 . didn't realize it, but he has an account here. he posted a little while back, and I responded, happy to see him. I have his phone number, so we still text. if you want me to send him a message, I will. I don't think he has a ps3 anymore or maybe he just bought another one, can't remember. I think he had just gotten a wii u or something, which was the reason for the post I mentioned.

Reactions: atreyu187

nCadeRegal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear. Let him know I said hi. I used to have his cell but lost it on a phone upgrade. Tell him to sign in and say hi man, everyone has been wondering about him. He is missed in the forums.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I showed him that wii u theme of MikaDubbz. he liked it. I told him he could get it on here, so if he signs in, he might see the notification I made above. I know he's been busy with work a lot. last time I talked to him about his work, he was wheeling and dealing, literally, as he was selling cars. I'm not sure if he has any exploited systems or not. he recently bought several new systems, I think. btw, his phone number has changed or it changed about a year or two ago (not sure when you had his cell, but it was after he stopped signing in to psx place), so I'll ask him if he minds if I give it to you via a pm on here or psx place. I'll add you to people I follow. those are the only people whom I allow to send me pm's on here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to send you a message on psx place with atreyu's phone number (@nCadeRegal ), but I can't send any messages at all. this is starting to piss me off after all I've done for that site, I'm still treated like shit. from this point on, no more messages.

atreyu187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all here on the temp. Aldo posted over at psxplace that his one and only ps3 died today. We are trying to raise funds for him to purchase a new one. Without a cfw enabled ps3 Aldo cannot continue working on wmm and this homebrew app used by everyone would cease to exist. Please help return the favor by sending him a few bucks to aquire a new ps3. I can't leave a link here but maybe someone can. It's stickied in the ps3 section over at psxplace. Thanks

Hey bud!! And going to send him some cash right now as well. Finally got a PS3 back this past week. So this will be my way of saying thanks.

Reactions: nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see you man. I hope you are doing well man. We miss you at the forums man, why did you stop coming around? Pinky, I might have msgs turned off, my old lady goes into my profile and changes shit to mess with me...... ill have to look.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see you man. I hope you are doing well man. We miss you at the forums man, why did you stop coming around? Pinky, I might have msgs turned off, my old lady goes into my profile and changes shit to mess with me...... ill have to look.

well, what made me very upset a couple days ago was that I couldn't send pm's at all on psx place. I feel like it was deliberate.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nCadeRegal , this is how I feel, how I've felt for a long time:

I guess what bothers me the most is that I don't feel respected on psx place anymore. sure, I feel welcome by most, but some people, like the admin, cards, I don't. I used to though, so I don't know what I did wrong. all I was trying to do was help, and that's all I've ever tried to do. out of the consoles I've hacked/exploited (6 different ones), you can count on one hand how many pirated games I've completed. the vast majority haven't even been booted up. with the switch, I've almost completely lost interest in hacking and pirating, largely due to how I was treated in the ps3 scene, and yes, I consider psx place a ps3 scene site, not really a playstation site when 95% of the posts on there are about the ps3. I don't see it moving beyond that tbh while a lot of others have moved on, including myself.

you see, I remember when these scenes were much more a pita to deal with than they are now, when things now are super easy to do and almost fool proof. remember the ps3 scene, when we were stuck on 3.55 for 18 months? there was no way to play newer games, had to go to dex using c2d, which was thought to be a one-way street (it wasn't), then update to official dex to play new games. had to use swap magic to play ps2 games, because there was no cobra at the time. now, it's just install cfw pup or use bguerville toolset to install the latest cfw.

or, do you remember the vita scene, where you had to use save exploits to play psx or psp games, and these exploits required specific games, which sony would remove from the store? there was no playing vita backups, and vita hombrew required unity, which has been discontinued, possibly due to that. you had to refresh your license daily, and it used velf files wirelessly, which was eventually replaced with vpk files, so since it was wireless, there was a good chance of a crash. now, it takes 15 minutes to get up and running with everything on the vita.

or, do you remember the 3ds a9lh, with its 200+ steps and several sections where a brick was possible like using the wrong downgrade files (o3ds or n3ds) or closing the shell while on 2.1 with a n3ds, etc.? now, there's I think seedminer to install b9s in a few moments instead of the 6 hours it took me with each of my 2 consoles on a9lh (one is even still using it).

what about the 360, where you actually had to know about your console just to update a jtag (motherboard, smc type, etc)? input the wrong thing = e79 brick. now, it fills everything out for you based on the nand dump you've just created.

I've been in these scenes since the early days, maybe not the earliest, but early nonetheless. I did all this, not for me, but for everyone else, because I don't even play any of these systems. the same is true about the ps4, which I'm thinking about selling. I would've already if I had had a normal ps4 instead of a limited edition one. I feel respected on temp, that's why I'm here now, but I don't feel that way on psx place, when I've done so much to help others on your site and multiple other sites in the process. I get attacked whenever I try to interfere with others getting free games, when all I'm doing is warning them. there were/are uploaders in the ps3 scene with idps stealers, so people get pissed when they're suddenly banned for seemingly no reason. well, your console id was stolen. I tried to warn you about certain people, but you didn't listen. it's like going to a prostitute: they don't care where or how they get their games, what they have to do to get them, they just want them immediately.

Reactions: Ryccardo

nCadeRegal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I get all of that man. You need to sit back and think for a minute though that pretty much all of that is in your head man. You know how cards is as good as any of us. If he sees something he doesn't like, he is going to call that person out and I have never seen him be disrespectful about it. You also know he has been going through alot this past year personally with his dad and what not. We should be thankful we still have the place.
Cards has nothing but respect for you pinky, I have heard those words from him multiple times. Don't feel like you are not appreciated there because you are. Just remember that cooler heads always prevail this is the internet after all...... piracy is always going to apart of any scene, just how it is. You can't get upset about it, all we can do is try to stay away from it legal wise ya know? There's always going to be someone who asks a question that leads to that. How are we supposed to know that when helping them? We have all done that. Not everyone is out to get you brother, despite what you may feel or think. It's not always about you, or cards, or me or whoever ya know?
Also, there's always stuff getting messed up with settings and xenforo. A simple @ with cards name and asking to look into pms not working could fix that......just saying.......lol

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, maybe I flew off the handle too quickly. that's always been my problem. it's a part of my condition, why I'm on disability. I do always feel like people are out to get me. sorry about that. Ill ask that these posts be deleted, since this thread really is about aldo after all. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo