Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mantis :
Yeah, it looks not very nice with the big lines.
Being able to hide the search options when not needed would help for short resolutions.
I don't know if it's possible to add the close icon/feature like on the right menu when browsing the forum.

Anyway, I have some problem with this "View new content" page.

When I click "go to first unread post" using the little blue icon, it load on the first post of the topic. (blue icon has no effect).
So, from there, I can click on "go to first unread post" in that title topic, but it's not going to the first unread one, instead it brings me to a very old post, like page 3 out of 8.

Am I the only one with this strange problem?
Note that it's happening only on posts which I last read on the v3, not on V3+

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Seems good, liking most of the changes.

Things I like:
- GBAtemp is back online :P
- Too many things to list.

Things i'm not keen on:
- Theme is a bit bright.
- "Like This"
- "What's on your mind?"
- That little button at the top right which shows who is following a thread (and no visible way to prevent yourself from appearing in it without unsubscribing from the thread)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it except I miss the login button being on the far left. It's really out of place.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured this was probably what the downtime was about. The sheer number of new things and slightly revamped navigation is definitely a bit overwhelming, but I'll learn everything in time. I'm more interested in the fact that as a whole, the forum will be running far better than ever before. I like the new theme, personally. It is pretty sleek, though, I guess it could kill my eyes a bit early in the morning or late at night. Doesn't matter though. I browse sites that are quite a bit brighter (*coughFacebookcough*).

Thanks for the update, and thanks to all those that did so much work in getting this going.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, one thing that annoys me is EoF threads suddenly showing up in the general new posts box. When the EoF becomes heavily active, that is going to be much more difficult to actually utilize.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the extent of the facebook integration just the social networking sharing links at the bottom, or is there something else that I'm just missing?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is the extent of the facebook integration just the social networking sharing links at the bottom, or is there something else that I'm just missing?
I wasn't talking about FB integration. There's just a few new features that are like Facebook (photo sharing, notifications, status updates, etc).
I have something like 20 notifications just from this thread, I'd rather have it unified into one to reduce clutter.

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the temp fits my whole monitor. This new found room will be used wisely.

Good job to all who made this possible! :yay:

Edit: which reminds me, newgrounds is getting updated soon also. Seem like all the places I lurk around are getting updated.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about FB integration. There's just a few new features that are like Facebook (photo sharing, notifications, status updates, etc).
I have something like 20 notifications just from this thread, I'd rather have it unified into one to reduce clutter.
You have a good point, but I was more responding to the OP, which says this:
  • Social interaction: status updates, profile comments, custom profile page, Facebook and Twitter integration, sharing links and pages...

Since there are a number of features similar to Facebook, particularly status updates, it'd be useful to have the option of cross-posting them to Facebook and Twitter with a single click (though don't force it, obviously, I'm sure some people wouldn't appreciate that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one