Went to my first pub

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, never been to a pub before. Went with older sister and her bf, and his friend and his gf.

9 pints of beer, and I was still able to walk to the bathroom as if I was sober. Picked up some beer, went back to their place, drank some more watching Daniel Tosh's comedy stand ups.

And in case you didn't know, a pint of beer is basically around 2 cans of beer in a glass. So that's pretty much 18 cans of beer I had there, and then with the 8 bottles at home, I had quite a bit.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can drink a 30 pack in a night by myself, but I only do that if I don't have to go in to work the next day. I could drink more than that if they are Coors light... That shits like drinking water.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
which beer?

At the pub, I was drinking Molson Canadian.

But the beer we picked up was Labatt Blue. Never tried it before, it's not the best kind of beer that's for sure. But the unwritten rule is, you can't complain about the brand of the beer if it's free. Usually I'm a Keystone kind of guy, but they didn't have it, so I just took the next Canadian brand lol.

431unkownI can drink a 30 pack in a night by myself, but I only do that if I don't have to go in to work the next day. I could drink more than that if they are Coors light... That shits like drinking water.

Oh I know. Like it doesn't get you drunk at all, but it's still basically killing your liver. But if you want to try something really gross where it actually does taste like Water, try a bud light lime. At the party I was at a few weeks ago, people were playing beer pong with that kind, NOBODY wanted to drink it because it tastes like ass. I tried a little bit, it was so gross, it's like stale water, with a bit of lime in it.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha lol... i didnt know any of those beer! Here in my country we have Quilmes, Stela Artoas, Heineken, etc.
My personal favorite is Corona.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
D'awww....my little Shadow Soldier's growin up! *Sniff*

Maybe he'll change his name to something a bit more mature
unsure.gif

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused.
Are you guys joking when you say Keystone is a good beer? Because that stuff is awful. I'd rather pee in a jar and drink it instead of Keystone.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NoSmokingBandit said:
I'm confused.
Are you guys joking when you say Keystone is a good beer? Because that stuff is awful. I'd rather pee in a jar and drink it instead of Keystone.

Then go ahead, we aren't stopping you.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrrgh. I dont drink. I dont like the taste of alcohol. And dont come tell me "get a better tasting drink" i can always taste the alcohol. i have synestesia and it only helps separate the alcoholic taste.

Now im in an interesting impass because i really like the way bars look and such. I think bars and taverns have some of the coolest lighting and setups possible. but i dont drink lol oh well.

Cheers to you mate
smile.gif
i could never hold that much alcohol lol

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
Personally, Miller Genuine Draft, Rickard's Red, Rickard's Dark, or Tsingtao hits the spot. Rickard's Dark and Tsingtao are hard to find around here, though.

Ya, they had Rickards White. I would've tried it, but eh.

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Mar 14 2011, 07:02 PM) Hrrgh. I dont drink. I dont like the taste of alcohol. And dont come tell me "get a better tasting drink" i can always taste the alcohol. i have synestesia and it only helps separate the alcoholic taste.

Now im in an interesting impass because i really like the way bars look and such. I think bars and taverns have some of the coolest lighting and setups possible. but i dont drink lol oh well.

Cheers to you mate
smile.gif
i could never hold that much alcohol lol

Bars sell lots of different stuff. As long as you're at least 19, go. We went there to watch the hockey game and just have a good time. They don't just sell beer. You can buy different types of juices, pop (or soda for you americans), just plain water. And they serve amazing dinner. I had the stirfry with Prawns. Didn't like having to take the tails off though.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
And in case you didn't know, a pint of beer is basically around 2 cans of beer in a glass. So that's pretty much 18 cans of beer I had there, and then with the 8 bottles at home, I had quite a bit.

your math is off a little. there are 16oz in a pint and a can of beer is 12 oz. that would make each pint a can and a 1/3. that would mean that you consumed about 12 cans of beer at the bar and not 18.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Skyline969 said:
Personally, Miller Genuine Draft, Rickard's Red, Rickard's Dark, or Tsingtao hits the spot. Rickard's Dark and Tsingtao are hard to find around here, though.

Ya, they had Rickards White. I would've tried it, but eh.
At least from my personal experience, Rickard's White leaves something to be desired. It has an odd taste which I'm not very fond of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter