What accessibility for games on μSD depending on whether sysnand or emunand?

Latruffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

Since my son’s Nintendo Switch is no longer under warranty, I have been studying for several days how to "extend the range of possibilities" of this device.

As a beginner, I studied many forums and I think I have now understood the basic concepts.

Nevertheless, before proceeding, I have just 2 or 3 topics to be confirmed, because reading several discussions not really linked makes me believe everything and its opposite.

So please just a little bit of your time:

Context:
  • Nominal use of the "normal" Switch:
In a sysNAND session, the installation of the games is done in the embedded memory (eMMC). When this memory is full, if there is a μSD card inserted, the installation of additional games is done on it.
  • Case of emuMMC:
Still on the same μSD as above, I create a partition to place a copy of the eMMC. So it contains the eMMC games.

Questions:
  • But what about games already installed on the μSD?
  • In an emuNAND session, are they visible and playable as is?
  • Similarly, if in an emuNAND session I install nsp and/or xci, where will they be deposited? I assume on the μSD outside the MMC partition => confirmation?
  • So they will be "mixed" with the "normal" games installed during the sysNAND session => confirmation?
And the last question:

In a sysNAND session, with our μSD inserted, isn’t the presence of files/directories such as "atmosphere", "bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini",... detected by Nintendo for ban?
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't scan μSD in Switches...

Thank you in advance for your answers.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sysnand and emummc are kept separate(games don't mix)
the emummc is stored on the micro sd
to be safe keep the sysnand clean(play/download the games you bought online) and the emummc for "dirty" stuff(stays "offline" exosphere/90dns )

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had games installed on sysnand, then created a emunand(bc it's a copy of sysnand) , those icons will still be there tho it'll ask you to dl content. You can technically still play those editing a config file, or just pirate them now.

Either way sysnand games are installed in the Nintendo folder encrypted, emunand games in the emmcc folder on sd also encrypted. No Nintendo can't read your sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto