kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it'd be really awesome if I could connect to WFC using my DS Lite. However, I suck and can't.

I've got a NetGEAR router (a WGR614v6 I believe...maybe it's WRG) and Nintendo's DS Wi-fi dongle. I've got a wireless WPA connection, yeah. My Wii's wifi works seamlessly.

I've tried setting up the dongle but then it gets all emotional on me and refuses to do anything.
I've also tried setting the router to WEP but when doing so, it too gets angsty, often kicking off anything that's connected to it (including the DS) within 20 minutes.
This usually results in me unplugging our "server" computer, plugging it into my laptop and having to awkwardly refigure my router. I wouldn't mind this if this didn't involve me stuffing myself in a closet.

Honestly, I think half of the problem is the router - it's incredibly crap and gives me a ton of problems when port forwarding with other programs on my computer, so I think I'm just gonna trash it for a new one that isn't a NetGEAR (because let's face it, they suck)

What are my options for the DS in the meantime?

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try resetting your router to its default factory settings and see if you can connect again. Try connecting first without any securities on your router. If u must use a security feature always use WEP. DS cant handle WPA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT