Hacking Discussion What are/should 1.0.0 users be waiting for?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Source? I'm pretty sure 1.0.0 has a tiny bit more (but still unlikely) chance of getting coldboot.
SciresM has said it enough countless times through all these useless threads that get started over and over again. I am not gonna search for all of that but it has been said a Thousand times already and still people claim differently.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
SciresM has said it enough countless times through all these useless threads that get started over and over again. I am not gonna search for all of that but it has been said a Thousand times already and still people claim differently.
Straight from SciresM:
I think in the long term, maybe 1.0.0 could get a solution where you turn it on and it boots into softwarehax.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To OP, from what I've gathered....... (and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong), AS OF RIGHT NOW, the -ONLY- people that will get a coldboot Haxchi type exploit on their Switch are people still on the original 1.0.0 firmware. (You turn on your Switch and it boots into a CFW or whatever.... like the Wii U CBHC.) But who knows when this will actually happen.

To folks that are beyond 1.0.0, once Atmosphere is released, you'll get a hack where you can power on your Switch (and without the need for a dongle, Fusee Gelee, or anything weird), you can open your browser and go to a self-hosted address (or SOME OTHER entry point) and do XYZ and then boot into CFW (aka, Atmosphere) and run Homebrew or whatever.

Again, if any of the above info is wrong, please correct me.

Personal opinion: since I only give a crap about piracy, and could care less about Nintendo's crappy on-line service, I'm probably gonna toss the SX in my 4.1 Switch, update the FW to 5.x and play away. Since this Switch is past 1.0.0, I'm going to guess that the Atmosphere solution will require accessing some web site or doing SOMETHING every time I do a cold boot any way, and for me, it would be just as easy to boot into the CFW, remove the SX dongle and just put my Switch to sleep when I'm done playing vs. powering it off so I don't need the dongle every time I go to play some warez. And besides, if I'm out and about, and the entry point with Atmosphere is having to access some self-hosted site, I can't do that when I'm out of the house so the dongle is more user friendly to me.

I read the news about the battery drain problem when using AutoRCM so I won't be doing that with the SX. I'll just use it to boot into CFW, remove the dongle and play that way. When I'm done, I'll just put the Switch to sleep and leave it in its' dock to charge.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Then i'll find you a different one where he did say it differently and told people to stay at 1.0.0
I wouldn't mind the source... about 1.0.0 coldboot on launch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To OP, from what I've gathered....... (and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong), AS OF RIGHT NOW, the -ONLY- people that will get a coldboot Haxchi type exploit on their Switch are people still on the original 1.0.0 firmware. (You turn on your Switch and it boots into a CFW or whatever.... like the Wii U CBHC.) But who knows when this will actually happen.

To folks that are beyond 1.0.0, once Atmosphere is released, you'll get a hack where you can power on your Switch (and without the need for a dongle, Fusee Gelee, or anything weird), you can open your browser and go to a self-hosted address (or SOME OTHER entry point) and do XYZ and then boot into CFW (aka, Atmosphere) and run Homebrew or whatever.

Again, if any of the above info is wrong, please correct me.

Personal opinion: since I only give a crap about piracy, and could care less about Nintendo's crappy on-line service, I'm probably gonna toss the SX in my 4.1 Switch, update the FW to 5.x and play away. Since this Switch is past 1.0.0, I'm going to guess that the Atmosphere solution will require accessing some web site or doing SOMETHING every time I do a cold boot any way, and for me, it would be just as easy to boot into the CFW, remove the SX dongle and just put my Switch to sleep when I'm done playing vs. powering it off so I don't need the dongle every time I go to play some warez. And besides, if I'm out and about, and the entry point with Atmosphere is having to access some self-hosted site, I can't do that when I'm out of the house so the dongle is more user friendly to me.

I read the news about the battery drain problem when using AutoRCM so I won't be doing that with the SX. I'll just use it to boot into CFW, remove the dongle and play that way. When I'm done, I'll just put the Switch to sleep and leave it in its' dock to charge.
Up to 3.0.2 is coldboot possible.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scires said:
cVuMVe0.png

I intend to be fully transparent about this shit, especially going forwards. At present, I'm not aware of any non-RCM means of getting code execution from coldboot. To the best of my knowledge, nobody else is, either.
It is up to 3.0.2, however there is no way of currently achieving it, there is a bounty up for anyone who makes one, and Scires is unaware of anyone else who is capable of doing it.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind the source... about 1.0.0 coldboot on launch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Up to 3.0.2 is coldboot possible.

As Draxzelex pointed out, sure, it's technically possible on 3.0.2 but is "extremely difficult". Who knows what THAT will involve.

Only questions I'm still not 100% sure on are:

Q1) SciresM says user interaction will be required for a software hax on firmware's up to 4.1. Is that outdated info? (ie, is Atmosphere confirmed to be working on 5.x firmwares?)
Sub-question) Any early ideas on what will be involved to get this software hax working on say a 4.1 Switch? A 5.x Switch?​

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Draxzelex pointed out, sure, it's technically possible on 3.0.2 but is "extremely difficult". Who knows what THAT will involve.

Only questions I'm still not 100% sure on are:

Q1) SciresM says user interaction will be required for a software hax on firmware's up to 4.1. Is that outdated info? (ie, is Atmosphere confirmed to be working on 5.x firmwares?)
Sub-question) Any early ideas on what will be involved to get this software hax working on say a 4.1 Switch? A 5.x Switch?​
The user interaction involving the software hax is most likely referring to Deja Vu:

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user interaction involving the software hax is most likely referring to Deja Vu:

Is there ANY solid details out on how Deja Vu is triggered? I've seen the SciresM video before. I guess the green screen at the end means ______________________________ ? This goes back to what I said earlier.... I think it's going to require your Switch phoning home to some website over the internet (doubtful) or a self-hosted site on your network (IMHO, this is how it's going to work) to launch a software hax type program and then you'll be able to boot into Atmosphere. Either way, I'd prefer the SX over a solution like that. But to each their own.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there ANY solid details out on how Deja Vu is triggered? I've seen the SciresM video before. I guess the green screen at the end means ______________________________ ? This goes back to what I said earlier.... I think it's going to require your Switch phoning home to some website over the internet (doubtful) or a self-hosted site on your network (IMHO, this is how it's going to work) to launch a software hax type program and then you'll be able to boot into Atmosphere. Either way, I'd prefer the SX over a solution like that. But to each their own.
If there were solid details, I'd imagine someone would have figured out how to do it themselves which would then lead to the exploit itself being leaked. The green screen appears similar to trying to turn off the Switch after you sent certain payloads without booting into Horizon. Forgot what exactly causes this to occur, but its normal and harmless. Most likely, it will involve some type of network connection to boot but cannot say for certain for the time being.

D

Deleted User

1.0 users are being retarded and waiting for nothing. This is giving me flashbacks of all those poor bastards who kept their 3DS on low firmwares and then when CFW was finally easy to install it was compatible with everything even New 3DS.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m keeping my 1.0.0 where it is for as long as necessary to maximise chance of coldboot and use SX OS on my 5.0.2.

If I had only one console i’d probably keep it where it is if 4.1 or below and wait for Atmosphere emunand, or just update to latest if on 5.0 or above.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SciresM told stay on 1.0.0 u will have CFW more fast. and that 1.0.0 is the better FW. (some mounth ago) is it still current?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Florida needs to just... break off and float away.