Gaming What are the Size MB's of PSP games?

ChiddaPotta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i was just wondering what the size mb of games they are on psp. Because im getting 4GB MS Stick on DealExtreme. Im pretty sure they are all over 100 MB.

EDIT: Also, if MagicGate is not supported, does that mean Pandora Battery will NOT work with PSP Slims? Also, i heard the Slim's real battery life is only 3-6 hours. So if i have a Pandora Battery, will the battery life change? If so, how much?
Thank you so much.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on the game. The smallest game I've come across is Super Collapse, which is 15mb, but they get as large as 1.6gb

Primworm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a warning, the MS's on Dealextreme are fakes, and are most likely really slow. I wouldnt get them

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pandora's battery is only used to put the PSP into service mode. It does NOT function as a power source. If the memory stick does not support MagicGate, then it cannot be used for a magic memory stick. Together, the Pandora's battery and the magic memory stick are what you use to install custom firmware.

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
Shyn said:
If the memory stick does not support MagicGate, then it cannot be used for a magic memory stick.

Ive actually managed to use my fake memory card to create a magic memory stick. Sure its easier just to tell people use official memory cards when doing this. But there will be some fake ones out there that will perform to the job!

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
It really depends on the game. The smallest game I've come across is Super Collapse, which is 15mb, but they get as large as 1.6gb

1.8 gb is the max a UMD can hold.

I've seen some PSP games as low as 9mb.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
Pandora's battery is only used to put the PSP into service mode. It does NOT function as a power source.

Not true. A service mode battery CAN be used as a power source. All you need to do is install a multi-ipl. We can thank booster for that.

QUOTE(Shyn @ Jul 8 2008, 01:54 AM) If the memory stick does not support MagicGate, then it cannot be used for a magic memory stick.

Also not entirely true. While not all fake memory sticks can have the ipl written to them, some can.

Please do some research before emphatically stating things as fact.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
write speeds on the fakes are generally brutal, but read speeds are generally ok

my fake 8gb runs every game just fine, no hiccups, lag, or slow loading

copying stuff onto it is 2 or 3 times longer than a real 4gb

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Shyn said:
Pandora's battery is only used to put the PSP into service mode. It does NOT function as a power source.

Not true. A service mode battery CAN be used as a power source. All you need to do is install a multi-ipl. We can thank booster for that.
The multi ipl is only for phat batteries, and is for if you are softmodding your own battery with an already modded phat PSP. For the sake of being noob friendly, I assume that most people asking these types of questions would not be going into the more advanced aspects off the bat. Also that most noobs are starting off with slims. But thanks for being thoroughly detailed.

bfoos said:
QUOTE(Shyn @ Jul 8 2008, 01:54 AM)
If the memory stick does not support MagicGate, then it cannot be used for a magic memory stick.

Also not entirely true. While not all fake memory sticks can have the ipl written to them, some can.

Please do some research before emphatically stating things as fact.

I was under the impression that to create the magic memory stick, you would have to enlarge the boot sector, which you can only do with MagicGate supported cards, but I guess that information is a bit dated, as I see that it doesn't need to do that anymore.

EDIT: Found that this statement about MagicGate has been buzzing around the internet for a while. Originally this was in reference to the old small capacity Memory Stick Duo's in comparison to the higher capacity Pro Duo's. I guess that as long as it is a Pro Duo card, it should work. There have been reports of some fake cards not working as a MMS still, though.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've still never heard of a single person that's actually had issues doing it

I'll try it tonight with my fake 4gb stick

ChiddaPotta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do guys recommend getting a cheap 2GB or 4GB MSS? I can't find one anywhere besides DealExtreme, which you guys said were fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1