Hacking What can Sony find out about my PS3 if I gave them the Serial Number?

MagicXDash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm contacting Sony Support because I need to delete an account but they need the serial number of my ps3 for verification. What can they find out with this?

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm contacting Sony Support because I need to delete an account but they need the serial number of my ps3 for verification. What can they find out with this?
The account is probably tied to the ps3 in which their asking for the serial number. It's a way to validate your request and that you actually are the owner of the account.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
accounts use a 16 digit account id to identify itself, so I don't know what the serial number has to do with anything. consoles use an idps, which is 32 digits. neither is related to serial number.

MagicXDash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
accounts use a 16 digit account id to identify itself, so I don't know what the serial number has to do with anything. consoles use an idps, which is 32 digits. neither is related to serial number.
I have no clue, its just something they asked for.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Can’t you just deactivate it online through the website? I’ve done this in the past.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a way to match a console and account via the serial number.

Some internal DB which has the IDPS and associated serial from when it was made. Then there has to be a DB which links any consoles activated with the associated username.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu