What could cause a game to act weird on hardware but not emulation?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, context, I've been having some issues with Xenoblade X using the texture patch located here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenobladex-offline-patch-texture-hack.459904/

I thought in error it was something NUSPatcher was doing, but after more testing I was wrong on that front, so here's the problem.

The game runs fine if I load it up on CEMU, but if I stick it on an SD card and use WUPInstaller Y 1.3 (I think that's what it's called, the one in homebrew launcher) then the game will still play, but has weird corruption on the title screen, and sometimes will not load the game when clicking continue, installing the game unmodified it's fine.

This just confuses me, what about my Wii U could not be liking this modification? Any ideas on how I can fix it? My Wii U is hacked using the haxchi method, it was done a while ago so I don't really remember much more than that, so if there's been CFW updates that might help, I haven't done any updates.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mods are never meant to be ran on hardware.... Officially. In order to do so you must then mod your said console and apply all your other game mods (im sure you know the process!) but my point is your pc with cemu installed is probably more powerful than the wii u and cemu gives a bit more control over settings I'm sure (ive never used it tho as my pc is old!!)

I have plenty of botw mods than can be glitchy and some that straight up don't work on console. Unfortunately this is the state of modding on a console. It can be very hit and miss but 99% of the time if it loads, be happy or you may have to bug the mod creator for more console compatability I'm afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro