What country would you like to get its own pokemon region?

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with what some people are saying about China/Mongolia. So much history and culture to draw from! Imagine all the creative new Pokémon that could emerge! I think it's important for a game like Pokémon to choose a locale that's steeped in culture because of the large breadth of creative possibilities and the great diversity in locales, creatures, and lore. Another area of the world that's relatively unexplored by games as a whole is South America. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, etc. have some fantastic cultures and history that could make for a strong setting for a Pokémon game.

However, I think the location I most want to see is India. Indian mythology isn't quite as prevalent across games, and the subcontinent is ripe with possibilities for new Pokémon and locales. I'll admit I'm slightly biased since I'm Indian-born myself, but I legitimately think it could be someplace people would really enjoy exploring.

I do have a broader critique of Pokémon in general - I feel the series could do a lot more with the locales it chooses. I know Game Freak is interested in preserving its core gameplay loops and very rarely deviates, but I really want to see them bring their world to life more in their games. I know in a recent interview regarding Pokémon on Switch, Game Freak producers said they have the ability to be a "lot more expressive" on the hardware, and I really hope this means we'll see more lore about the world of Pokémon itself. We've been charmed by the Pokémon every generation, but I don't want just that -- I want to be charmed by the world of Pokémon.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEA, Australasia, Africa?
Germany, Sweden/Norway, Africa, and somewhat more personal, Central America, the Latino countries (NOT Mexico), and Italy. Scotland, Iceland, New Zealand, Australia, those are based off the works of Ridley Scott, Christopher Noland, and Peter Jackson, how they captured vast landscapes that gave me the impression of a different world.
The Caribbean, Africa, New Zealand, Findland, Norway, Greenland, or maybe Mexico.
Africa isn't a country :rolleyes:

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
nigeria, where the evil team scammed everyone and the player's mom is obsessed with a nigerian prince, where he will fight crime and show to his mom the person she felt in love is a scammer

ho wait.. that can't be cuz political correctness and "racism" :C
but i would like a story like that

Last edited by migles,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Canada would be cool.

4 seasons, very large and varied type of landscapes. Forests, mountains, Winters, local communities. Imagine it divided by small sub regions based on the Canadian provinces.

D

Deleted User

China or Russia. They're both big enough that they're very diverse in terms of climate and geography.

Reactions: Chary

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After S/M I would really like to see something less tropic again. The problem is really that you have to find a region, where all types of Pokemon are present(this is why I prefer Kalos over Alola. E.g. Alola simply lacks ground Pokemon until you get to this single dessert).
Something things I would find interesting would be to have a Pokemon game which is set around the mediteran see(so South Europe, North Africa). Or maybe go further to the north e.g. a Pokemon game set around the baltic see(and maybe Iceland and the Arctic).
Setting Pokemon games in Japan has the big advantage that it's pretty thin. That means that both sea and mountains are in most areas not very far away(e.g. Germany has mountains only at it's most southest parts and access to the sea only at it's most most northern parts. And for example the Netherlands don't even have mountains at all).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's all fun and games until the soap gets dropped +1