what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Marriage existed before Christianity, it's a legal principle don't throw religious BS around. It really shouldn't have any significance. Those are just ignorant lies people use to justify their hatred.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
smile72 said:
Marriage existed before Christianity, it's a legal principle don't throw religious BS around. It really shouldn't have any significance. Those are just ignorant lies people use to justify their hatred.

no hatred or homophoby here, for myself im just shocked to see those celebrate in Church and they have no right to go on a crusade about it

then again, homosexual ppl can always get civil marriage and DO benefit of each and every human right equally, like any of us IMHO

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Not all marriages are done in a church, I just want the word marriage, it'a a legal term anyway. Churches can deny whoever they want, I don't give a shit.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
smile72 said:
Not all marriages are done in a church, I just want the word marriage, it'a a legal term anyway. Churches can deny whoever they want, I don't give a shit.

fair enough civil marriage have the same rights and not hurting anyone feelings, i suppose ^^

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
You can have your religion, i just want the word and I'm glad you understand that. Most countries separate politics and religions. Well at least in name anyway,

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
smile72 said:
You can have your religion, i just want the word and I'm glad you understand that. Most countries separate politics and religions. Well at least in name anyway,

i agree wholeheartedly and i believe, too, that the word marriage IS important to seal the union in one couple, be it straight or gay or lesbian
any deserve that recognition from the state that is for sure, to hell with segregation and discrimination

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that, straight marriage seems strange to me, I think why would a man want to be with a woman. But it doesn't matter,they want what they want. And whenever one of my friend s get married I'll still congratulate them.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile72 said:
I understand that, straight marriage seems strange to me, I think why would a man want to be with a woman.

Really? In situations where you would feel uncomfortable seeing people kissing, do you feel a bit more uncomfortable around straight people kissing?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, as I have only ever liked guys, my parents never kissed each other. In fact they hated each other. So when I see two people of the opposite gender kiss. But I feel uncomfortable when people are like making out or having sex in public in general.

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If 2 people want to be married I say let em. Personally I don't care it doesnt really affect me.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile72 said:
Yes, as I have only ever liked guys, my parents never kissed each other. In fact they hated each other. So when I see two people of the opposite gender kiss. But I feel uncomfortable when people are like making out or having sex in public in general.

Not the same with the parents things but pretty much the same here. Not bothered in a nightclub, pub, general night on the town sort of thing, but when it comes down to in the street/park/supermarket car park (I kid you not)/whatever in the day I really feel uncomfortable. I always put the more uncomfortable thing down to me being straight, but did start to think maybe I was flattering myself into thinking I'm not as bigoted as I am.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rogue_Ninja said:
If 2 people want to be married I say let em. Personally I don't care it doesnt really affect me.
This.
I don't care about gay marriage, etc etc. But it's still pretty weird for me.
mellow.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
I'm Pro LGBT marriage. To me marriage is a legal service and as such should be open to all.

Actually, I am supporting GLAAD marriage but gay/lesbian marriage is okay ? Since to my understanding that God said no sex before marriage. I dont know if its true and If Gay/Lesbian fall in love and no sex before marriage then I think its ok. Anyway for BT.. well, the Bisexual and Transsexual are different from Gay and Straight. I dont know about transsexual and dont understand them and dont know why men wants to become women and women become men. Surely, I am not in their shoes to understand anything anyway. Bisexual is something I dont liked.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason why a man would want to become a woman (at least outside of Iran) is because they feel they were born the wrong gender, hate seeing their penis. It's like being in the wrong skin, and studies have been done on the brains of trans-gender found that their brains are more similar to the opposite gender than their own. Why don't you like Bisexuals? They can be monogamous too.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cwstjdenobs said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
You know most people are shocked that me as a gay rights activist would say that, then again I am pretty sure those same people don't quite get what I am saying.

Some people seem to think any rights movement is about special rights, not equal rights.
I don't believe in earning any kind of special rights for just wanting something that shouldn't even be an issue.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
The Bible is very black and white about it, and leaves NO room for discussion.

The Bible isn't black and white on anything, and there obviously is room for discussion, as well as room to decide which translation you fancy following. Jesus said nothing about homosexuality, and the strongest mention about it is often interpreted as the personal views of Paul, not the word of God.

Not that it's even relevant in 2011 where no laws should be based on religious text.

koimayeulFor religious ties reason, homosexual marriage should and must be kept out of church according to the bible principles

Even churches which believe that homosexual marriage is right? Doesn't that set a rather worrying precedent where the government can ban certain beliefs from churches if they consider them to not be the 'right' beliefs?

If marriage is recognised by the government then it must be available to all, whether there's a 'separate but equal' alternative or not. The best solution would be that even if you're married in a church, the government doesn't acknowledge it until you also have a civil partnership. Then anyone can get married in a religious sense by whoever is willing to marry them in a religious ceremony, and be married in the eyes of that religious denomination, and then can register their pairing with the government and be recognised in law. How could anyone have a problem with that?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Pro.

They should be given the option at least. They should have the same rights as everyone else has. The churches can reject whoever the hell they want, as long as the LGBT community has the right to have a legal, binding marriage.

I go to an all boys Catholic school, and TONS of people are openly gay (a lot are really flamboyant about it too). It actually adds quite a bit of flavor to the school. Seriously, we were making this like, Mother Mary shrine making contest, and BOOM, they were experts on this. I mean, the arrangements looked totally amazing, fantastic to behold. Not trying to stereotype anything, but seriously, they looked so damn good.

Just a note, in Deutronomy it says that lying in bed with another man is an offense. Then again, I don't believe in much of the Bible and I don't believe in the religion either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn