OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What do you put on your iPod
biggrin.gif
Because I got an iPod Nano 3rd gen and like yeah, nothing to put on it, any ideas?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The solitaire game is good.
Actually I don't use my Nano much now that I've got a Touch and jailbroke it.
I wish the Nano 3G was a little easier to get a video signal out of.. I'd love to hook it to a small LCD panel for the kids in the backseat to watch movies on.
I just don't wanna spend 50 bucks on a freakin' cable.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
I wish the Nano 3G was a little easier to get a video signal out of.. I'd love to hook it to a small LCD panel for the kids in the backseat to watch movies on.
I just don't wanna spend 50 bucks on a freakin' cable.
Theres a lot of cheap AV-out stuff for iPod on DX. I'd look into that.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Winamp makes a better loader than Itunes, it gives you much more freedom over your iPod and supports lots of features that Itunes does not like adding album art from a directory instead of embedding in every mp3 file. Get that and the ml_ipod plugin.

On my iPod right now, 5881 songs, 106 videos, and just the three games that come stock. That still leaves twenty one gigabytes free, but a lot of my music I just don't feel the need to carry around. I also keep a couple Disney movies on there as well, for the kids to watch if we're out some place. It's a lot easier to watch stuff on an iPod than a laptop if you're waiting at a restaurant or something.

The notes function from Apple is pretty lame because files have a max 4KB limit, I suspect they didn't want people using it as an ereader too. And of course, Apple likes to control everything so there's no SDK for anybody to make a better one. Otherwise I could program that same Tetris game and give it away for free when they want to charge $5 on the Itunes site for it.

You can use a filesplitter on text files though, breaking them up into 4KB segments. Copy them into the notes directory, and it will read whatever is in there so they don't even need a .txt extension. It's handy some times with game walkthroughs so you're not tethered to reading them off a PC instead. Same with the photos function, you could put game maps on there and the like.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Although I don't have an ipod, I'm thinking of getting either a Samsung P2 or Ipod Touch.

Currently, I have some Music, 3 gigs of anime (Just the eps of Gurren lagann), and a few movies.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I have a bunch of music on my 80GB Ipod 5.5 gen, but currently using it as an external/portable HD to my macbook.

I have Boston Legal seasons 3 and 4, which i've nearly completed watching, and the complete TOS seasons 1-3
tongue.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would not advise putting things on an Ipod: they are not known for their weight bearing capacity. Rather, put your ipod on things. Use it to hold down a stack of papers on a windy day

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1