What do you think of the Switch as an emulation machine?

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. I play 3DS games on my 3DS. For the most part I also play DS games on my 3DS but there are a few games I like to play and not have to carry around two consoles. Looking at you, Meteos and Professor Layton.
dang lol. I kind of doubt its worth it for 3ds considering even an nvidia shield struggles with the more demanding psp games like the god of war stuff or a lot of gc games, although i've just seen those run on android based emulators>< I'll at least set up an android partition for moonlight and steam link streaming.

Last edited by Animage55,

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang lol. I kind of doubt its worth it for 3ds considering even an nvidia shield struggles with the more demanding psp games like the god of war stuff or a lot of gc games>< I'll at least set up an android partition for moonlight and steam link streaming
Your mileage may vary, but I had nothing but headaches with Moonlight and Steam Link in Android. Maybe I was doing something wrong but it seemed as though only certain games would work completely. Some games wouldn’t transfer over inputs but would look great and some would cut half the screen off but I could play. I ended up deciding it was more trouble than just playing them on my PC with a Switch Pro controller.

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your mileage may vary, but I had nothing but headaches with Moonlight and Steam Link in Android. Maybe I was doing something wrong but it seemed as though only certain games would work completely. Some games wouldn’t transfer over inputs but would look great and some would cut half the screen off but I could play. I ended up deciding it was more trouble than just playing them on my PC with a Switch Pro controller.
I was wondering how those could possibly be better than what we get with their cloud streaming on the offical hos. I figured maybe its just a bad server host. On youtube and reddit everyone sings praises for streaming via android on a switch. So I figured the wifi just worked better in android xD. Guess not in your experience?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering how those could possibly be better than what we get with their cloud streaming on the offical hos. I figured maybe its just a bad server host. On youtube everyone sings praises for streaming via android on a switch. So I figured the wifi just worked better in android xD. Guess not in your experience?
Like I said, I may have been doing something wrong. It was my first attempt at anything game streaming. I will say that I also tried in homebrew with CFW in Horizon but ended up having the same issues as I did in Android.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shocking that nobody is talking about how you can strap the Switch to your face using Labo VR or a cheap Chinese knock-off headset, then use a specific filter in Retroarch to emulate Virtual Boy in 3D without the migraines.

Reactions: Mike_77712

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do yourself a favor get a steamdeck +1tb micro and install emudeck you can even play ps3 which i doubt the switch will EVER Do
doesn't make any sense, buying a steamdeck won't make emulation on the switch better,
it's like saying save yourself the trouble and do emulation on your PC
granted if you look @ the msrp, steamdeck is probably a better purchase

Arcanine9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do yourself a favor get a steamdeck +1tb micro and install emudeck you can even play ps3 which i doubt the switch will EVER Do
I think the whole point is about the fun of emulating different consoles on a Switch, not really where emulation will work better and even then the Switch can emulate certain consoles pretty well. PSX games etc. run near perfect on it.

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol