What handheld emulation device should i buy?

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I would like to buy an Android handheld device for my hollidays powerfull enough to run all games up to XBOX/PS2/NGC&WII generation.

with a beautifull OLED screen. What device do you recommend to play Dolphin emulator and PS2 emulator at fullspeed?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll probably be looking at buying a SteamDeck, ROG, or the likes.

Dude even has a tutorial of playing Switch games on the SteamDeck. lol Why is it funny? Another handheld does Switch!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I would like to buy an Android handheld device for my hollidays powerfull enough to run all games up to XBOX/PS2/NGC&WII generation.

with a beautifull OLED screen. What device do you recommend to play Dolphin emulator and PS2 emulator at fullspeed?
you're demands are quite high. The cheapest you can get away with is the Ayn Odin I believe. It's android based like you asked and has OLED screen.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
With your requirements, nothing. There are no Android emulators for the original Xbox, PS2 emulation is still iffy at best on the highest end SD SoCs, and Wii/GC emulation, while better than PS2, still has issues as well with compatibility and performance. Your best bet if Android is a requirement for whatever reason would simply be to buy a flagship Android phone with whatever Qualcomms latest Snapdragon is and a controller. You can grab a used Samsung Galaxy S22 and a controller for like $350, which will likely have better performance than any similarly priced Android handheld plus a nice OLED screen.

Your best bet is an x86 based handheld running Windows or some flavor of Linux instead. 6th gen console emulators are much, much more mature and stable on x86 platforms than mobile, so you'll get better stability, support, and compatibility going this route than any Android handheld.

The cheapest option will be the Steam Deck, which should handle the vast majority of Wii/GC/PS2 just fine, but doesn't have an OLED screen, just IPS. You can get away with buying the $400 64GB and then picking up a 1TB 2230 NVMe for another $100 for less than the 256GB model.

You could also go for the Asus ROG Ally, which has slightly better performance than the Steam Deck, but for ~$300 more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been