Hardware what happens if I try to install a wad without any modding ?

GUiii11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a hardmoded wii 4.2U, I just want to know if there's any chance to do it so without installing wad manager or any homebrew alike, mostly all games go well on my wii so I m not so sure to try softmodding so could anyone explain me if its really a great chance to brick or just wont work , because it looks like a easy thing to brick a wii if you have an wad that was not downloaded on your wii

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You MUST softmod your Wii if you want to install any wad other than unhacked IOS wad. In you case I'm assuming you want to install VC/Wiiware?

You can only brick your Wii if you did not follow instructions and doing research.

GUiii11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well whatever i guess I'll never know anyway I've done my research but none of them really said what would happen , and really trying just didnt give me anything like i didnt even showed me something on my sd card, softmoding is really a pain in the ass its like , its that worth of that much of work when you already have been halfway there?
but thanks anyway

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing will happen. your wii will not brick because of this.

if your wii has older IOSes, then you might already have the signing bug and the wad will install fine. if the IOS that is running on your wii while trying to install these wads does not allow fakesigned content, it will simply return an error and not install. that is all, an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +2