Gaming What if Windows had a game mode?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A Gamemode in Windows would give better prestations since hasn't all those backgroundtasks. So why won't M$ open their eyes?

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ True, and there's also tune up utilities' turbo boost
biggrin.gif

But yeah, it would be nice to have it from ms themselves
smile.gif

It would be kinda better I guess...
But whatever, I think it would be nice
tongue.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
Urza said:
Are you fucking retarded.
The title says "Windows", if you don't like it, just stay out of it and go play with your linux toys.
The inferiority of Windows has nothing to do with my reasons for stating "Are you fucking retarded".

The OP post is seriously fucking retarded.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:
The title says "Windows", if you don't like it, just stay out of it and go play with your linux toys.
The inferiority of Windows has nothing to do with my reasons for stating "Are you fucking retarded".

Could you explain me why?
Because, as I said before, there actually is software that does exactly what he wishes for.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:

Because, as I said before, there actually is software that does exactly what he wishes for.
Fucking retarded software.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:

Lol.
closedeyes.gif

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:
wabsta said:
Urza said:

Dat well explained opinion of yours, it's so useful, it almost feels like I could've written it.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel this idea is preposterous good sir, and as such may reflect on the intellectual disposition of the OP.

Indubitably.
Monocle.gif

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kwartel said:
A Gamemode in Windows would give better prestations since hasn't all those backgroundtasks. So why won't M$ open their eyes?

Because the performance impact would be minimal. Who cares about 200 MByte background services, when new gaming rigs have 8GiB or more RAM? Just because there are tasks running, it doesnt necessarily mean that they consume performance. And new systems like Win 7 (and Vista?) put all those background stuff to low priority, when the power is needed. No offense to anyone, but most of these optimizations are just placebos; or hurt more than they help.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I personally feel that disabling the Windows Networking Service increases my computer's performance during TF2, Left4Dead, Killing Floor. Heck, every online game I've ever played. However the opposite is true with offline based games.
Strange that.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
some background programs like msn messenger and Internet explorers can interfere, bringing you back into windows to notify you on stuff, and then if a background service cashes or a windows starts de-fragmenting your hard-drive this could cause loading issues in-game

Depending on how powerful you computer is it may have no effect at all but if your computer isn't top of the line you will notice some sort of increase

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
How about a cross between Windows and NXE? An option in Windows that lets you load into a mini OS dedicated for gaming (with maybe minimal multimedia capabilities and a minimal internet service with minimal IM capabilities), something like NXE. They already have the basis for it - what is an Xbox but a PC designed badly? They just need to export it to Windows/PC.

Of course, that would be a good idea. Software designers and company managers are well known for only coming up with (and/or endorsing) bad ideas...

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buy a console ....

A computer is not made for games, its jsut that games are made for computers and theres things fro computers to play even better games. In the end Windows is an Operating System, meant for thigns like Excel, Word, Photoshop and the likes. I see Win XP at workplaces, Vista at managers offices.

But yea, if you want a "gamermode" from MS buy an Xbox

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Buy a console ....

A computer is not made for games, its jsut that games are made for computers and theres things fro computers to play even better games. In the end Windows is an Operating System, meant for thigns like Excel, Word, Photoshop and the likes. I see Win XP at workplaces, Vista at managers offices.

I beg to differ.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Buy a console ....

I will use 2 VERY BIG examples... FPS's and RTS both invented with a PC in mind and they both play like crap on gaming consoles. There is a reason that a large majority of FPS's have to have some sort of target lock on system...

rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram