Hacking Question What is at least safe ways to avoid ban while playing online with modified save data?

Topgrandslam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I'm sorry to ask similar questions so many times again to you guys, experts.
I'm going to install CFW on my nintendo switch.

What I want to do is...
1. Installing hacked games on emmuMMC and play them (without online play).
2. Save editing to my pokemon cartridge and play online on sysNAND.

The first one is not a big deal, but the second one is the problem what I'm curious about.
If I want to save editing the save data in sysNAND, then I have to install and run CFW on sysNAND to use Checkpoint or Edizon.

Sure, I know that just running CFW in sysNAND is risky to get banhammer when I access online game play on sysNAND because I had run CFW once on sysNAND. (a log remains on sysNAND, and it will be sent to nintendo server.)
But I want to do second one in spite of the risk.

I searched Google how to do it safely, and these are what I found.
1. I found the thread 'Edit OFW clean switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads.'
: With this method, I don't need to run CFW to modify save data on sysNAND. + Op says he is still not banned utilizing this method. Maybe I think this method will be the safiest way to edit save data.
2. NAND dumping.
Dumping sysNAND -> Exporting save data -> Editing save data with Pkhex -> Restoring the modified save data to the dumped sysNAND -> Restoring the sysNAND.
This is what I found, But I don't know how to do it in detail.

Whst do you think that what is the at least the safe way to do it? or anything else?

*If I get ban with the method you mentioned, this is not your fault = 100% my fault. So please don't get pressure, please give your any opinion to me.

Last edited by Topgrandslam,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

What I want to do is...

The first one is not a big deal, but the second one is the problem what I'm curious about.
If I want to save editing the save data in sysNAND, then I have to install and run CFW on sysNAND to use Checkpoint or Edizon.

Sure, I know that just running CFW in sysNAND is risky to get banhammer when I access online game play on sysNAND because I had run CFW once on sysNAND. (a log remains on sysNAND, and it will be sent to nintendo server.)

1. I found the thread 'Edit OFW clean switch save data from NAND backup/restoring via Fusee Gelee payloads.'
: With this method, I don't need to run CFW to modify save data on sysNAND. + Op says he is still not banned utilizing this method. Maybe I think this method will be the safiest way to edit save data.
2. NAND dumping.
Dumping sysNAND -> Exporting save data -> Editing save data with Pkhex -> Restoring the modified save data to the dumped sysNAND -> Restoring the sysNAND.

Whst do you think that what is the at least the safe way to do it? or anything else?

*If I get ban with the method you mentioned, this is not your fault = 100% my fault. So please don't get pressure, please give your any opinion to me.
You can get banned playing online with modified saves.

And this is false
Sure, I know that just running CFW in sysNAND is risky to get banhammer [QUOTE/]

Its risky if you do dirty stuff like nsp installs, pirated games, save editing, cheating etc.

Last edited by bad361,

Topgrandslam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You can get banned playing online with modified saves.

And this is false

Its risky if you do dirty stuff like nsp installs, pirated games, save editing, cheating etc.

You mean that no matter what method I use for save editing, just playing online with modified save data can cause ban
and just running CFW in sysNAND is safe as long as I don't do any dirty stuff right?
Thanks for your answer:)

Last edited by Topgrandslam,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You mean that no matter what method I use for save editing, just playing online with modified save data can cause ban
and just running CFW in sysNAND is safe as long as I don't do any dirty stuff right?
Thanks for your answer:)
Yes, atmosphere is very safe to use online if you don't do dirty stuff. Like e.g. you can pretty much safely use sysNAND CFW to play your legit games online with sys-clk (overclocking module). Same goes for emulation when you do it right with title overriding (without custom NSPs and all that shit). But modified save data is considered dirty stuff that can potentially get you banned. So if you ultimately don't wanna get banned at all, your only option is to do all hack related stuff in emuNAND (of course with either incognito or perma airplane mode) and leave your sysNAND completely clean.

Last edited by bad361,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing online with modified save files = ban. Period!
Also it's a schiesty move. I hate playing my legit games online against cheaters.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the Switch modding scene but can you connect to other Switches in local network play? If so, couldn't you boot the hacked switch up with CFW and trade the pokemon you want to a clean OFW Switch's pokemon game... then reboot your hacked switch in OFW and have those pokemon traded back? Effectively "laundering" the cheat pokemon?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the Switch modding scene but can you connect to other Switches in local network play? If so, couldn't you boot the hacked switch up with CFW and trade the pokemon you want to a clean OFW Switch's pokemon game... then reboot your hacked switch in OFW and have those pokemon traded back? Effectively "laundering" the cheat pokemon?
Probably so but shame on you! It ruins the online experience for non cheaters.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

What I want to do is...

2. NAND dumping.

Don't. That's my professional opinion. In some other games they might not care, but they take Pokemon pretty seriously as it's one of their best selling franchises. On 3DS Pokemon was like the one franchise where you could actually get banned for cheating online.
And more importantly, you're ruining the online for those that prefer to play legit.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason to do it would be for making shinny pokemon, which are no different stat wise than normal pokemon since its so easy to max them out. I will admit, openly, that one of the reasons I stopped playing pokemon sword was facing off against someone who had a whole team of shinny pokemon... which was pretty much impossible unless you cheat with a save editor. It's also one of the reasons I started looking into CFW for the switch. If you can't beat them, join them, eh? What a sad world we live in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe