What is it like being a member with a higher post count?

logandzwon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been on this board since 2007 however I only have had 24 posts before this one. I just never really have any useful to add. Being that my post count is so low, I can not see the trader forum. Can anyone tell me if that area has a place for hardware modders reviews? I don't even know what people are charging to do an internal RCM chips on a switch, but I would like to.

Reactions: Alexander1970

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been on this board since 2007 however I only have had 24 posts before this one. I just never really have any useful to add. Being that my post count is so low, I can not see the trader forum. Can anyone tell me if that area has a place for hardware modders reviews? I don't even know what people are charging to do an internal RCM chips on a switch, but I would like to.
You still only have 24 posts lol as posts in the EoF don't count to your post count :rofl2:.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Having more posts don't do much.
You earn the bragging right to tell everyone you have more posts, lol

Can anyone tell me if that area has a place for hardware modders reviews?
There's none of this as far as I know, but there is a list of member feedbacks, so maybe you'd find some in the process.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hello.:)

I really do not like this Posting Count Systems...never in any Forum.
It makes some People acting really like Assholes sometimes......
They maybe think they are better People or have more Rights than Users with lower Postings....
Sometime it would maybe really interesting what would happens,when you "deprive" this Kind of Users of their Precious.

Here on GBAtemp many Users with not so much Postings are really more helpful.

You can take the Counter and Likes away,I do not care about,it is only a Evaluation criteria for Human Society.
And if you are permanently ignored,who cares....it is a virtual Community.
I can do better without many self-proclaimed "better" Users.:D

You can do it the "old fashioned" Way and write to the User you want get in Contact.
Unfortunately some Users "limits" their Profile,so.....bad luck,that Person is then not so important to your Life.:)

Thank you.:)

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

I really do not like this Posting Count Systems...never in any Forum.
It makes some People acting really like Assholes sometimes......
They maybe think they are better People or have more Rights than Users with lower Postings....
Sometime it would maybe really interesting what would happens,when you "deprive" this Kind of Users of their Precious.

Here on GBAtemp many Users with not so much Postings are really more helpful.

You can take the Counter and Likes away,I do not care about,it is only a Evaluation criteria for Human Society.
And if you are permanently ignored,who cares....it is a virtual Community.
I can do better without many self-proclaimed "better" Users.:D

You can do it the "old fashioned" Way and write to the User you want get in Contact.
Unfortunately some Users "limits" their Profile,so.....bad luck,that Person is then not so important to your Life.:)

Thank you.:)
If(myNumber>yourNumber)
print("I AM A GOD!!! Bow before me mortal!!!");
Else
print("Hey.");

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To answer the question then there is a member feedback thread.

Nobody really offers install services there though.

In general it is not as active as it was in the beginning and even then it was hardly popping.

On the high post count thing. Eh. I have learned things from new members and seen years long ones (with attendant counts) spout drivel.
As far as getting it up there then 90% of it is answering questions for people. If you have spent any amount of time following a scene, and otherwise find yourself comfortable with tech, you probably know enough to the do the https://xkcd.com/627/ routine for them. One time you might not have anything to answer but usually I can find things from the previous day or so that need to be answered, or could have an answer expanded upon.
You can come the other way and most of the time we have endless variations on do you like this game, this console, this type of controller, this genre, is genre a good concept, are things getting better, are things getting worse, here is a mechanic I despise and here is why you should too, here is a new game that got announced, oh look another company went pop, this company did something shady, they are making a film, they are not making games of films any more so what do people think of that, here are the insides of something you might not have seen, here is something cool someone did to adapt something and on and on and on... with a big secret being you can find and share those too -- in my case this is the only vaguely general purpose gaming site I routinely visit so I might well have missed something and I am not alone in that (if all I had to visit was IGN, gamespot, kotaku and polygon* then gaming would no longer be a hobby of mine).

*for my little guide to game journalism I while back I thought I would go through the last however many months and skim further still for the likes of the websites owned by a handful of companies ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-201...-troubled-media-collection-sold-again.535563/ ). Though I got to change my opinion from just about nothing of merit to once every three months or so then maybe they engaged in an act of journalism that is still rather wanting.

Reactions: logandzwon

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Having more posts don't do much.
You earn the bragging right to tell everyone you have more posts, lol
You would say that Mr. #14. Not even in the top 10 smh.
All hail Mr. #1!

. . . Honestly I don't have anything of value to contribute to this conversation.

But anyway OP, once you hit 100 posts and can access the trading forum, nothing else really matters after that. You don't get any special accolades until you get in the 10,000's so your name pops up in the Most Messages area. Which I suppose is neat but it really doesn't mean much lol.

Ethan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
it's pretty good feeling, akin being in a room seatened with shaunj, costelo, and the (good) mods, like a secret club where you can one word post without consequences,

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as we all know, life is like a roll of toilet paper, it goes quicker toward the end...[emoji15][emoji2957] maybe not appropriate given the situation here, shit’s hitting the fan may not be the right thing to say either. [emoji1742][emoji90][emoji2958]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a totally irrelevant post, I just wanted to boost my post count so I can become a trader some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shaunj, costelo, and the (good) mods,
That would imply you think there are bad mods on the site. If you are gonna post something like that at least have the balls to name who you think the bad ones are.

For the record I think all the site staff do a fantastic job even if at times I don't get why they let certain subjects be discussed.

Reactions: Ethan34

FANDROID_SWIMBOIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That would imply you think there are bad mods on the site. If you are gonna post something like that at least have the balls to name who you think the bad ones are.

For the record I think all the site staff do a fantastic job even if at times I don't get why they let certain subjects be discussed.
BOOTLICKING FOR MODS LMFAOLOL IF YOU THINK THIS WILL GET YOU A MOD POST I HAVE BAD NEWS :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D