Hacking Question what is required to downgrade from 5.1.0

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay so I wanna update for the online stuff and want to make sure I have everything so I can downgrade if I need to. I have a raw emmc but it's in bits,how do I unite them? is the emmc dump all that is needed?
EDIT: I am on 5.0.2 sorry for confusion.

Last edited by jimmyj,
Reactions: NoNAND

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it is, the 5.1.0 does not burn efuses.
to 5.0.0 yeah but there's literally no point in downgrading to that version, also you would have needed to make a backup of your system on that previous version.

every major version burns a fuse. so you cannot go lower that 5.0.0 when you are on 5.1.0

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
to 5.0.0 yeah but there's literally no point in downgrading to that version, also you would have needed to make a backup of your system on that previous version.

every major version burns a fuse. so you cannot go lower that 5.0.0 when you are on 5.1.0
yeah,I just want to know what's required to downgrade if I need to,I have a 5.0.2 backup.

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It'sa nand restore not downgrading.
The nand restore becomes a downgrade if he do the update to 5.1.0 before that.

I don't think that this all is a good idea. What if nintendont keeps track which device is at which fw state and could easily tell that this particular device has now a lower fw it had before?
It's potentially as dangerous as messing around with their CDN in my opinion.

Last edited by tecfreak,
Reactions: jimmyj

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why?

There is 0 logical need for this. Why do you want to do it? What is the actual need for such a thing? Are you doing it just for shits and giggles?

You have a 5.0.2 backup and a 5.1.0 console. Explain to me why do you NEED to downgrade, because right now there is no logical need to do such a task.

Azx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates also happen from carts which Nintendo has no way of detecting. they could log an OTA update and then log a 2nd one for ban. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go through the trouble.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updates also happen from carts which Nintendo has no way of detecting. they could log an OTA update and then log a 2nd one for ban. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go through the trouble.
Thinking about it as a console company and a developer results in: "there is no trouble"
Your console pings N servers which then authenticate you anyway. They see you have version X and announce this to some backend system that keeps a super simple DB of sold console SN's and FW versions.
If you authenticate with a lower FW than saved you get flagged. There is nothing hard or difficult connected.

The big plus for N is that they have an easy way to keep track of overall FW statistics and collect ban flags...

Reactions: tecfreak and jimmyj

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you wanna unspilt rawnand go to hacdiscmount then open the rawnand file then dump the fileswith 1 2 3 4 5 6 at the end of the name then dump system then restore them in hacdiscmount
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-downgrade-5-1-0-to-5-0-2.506315/ here is a tutorial I did on how to restore them
could you please elaborate on how to join them? I don't really understand :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you wanna unspilt rawnand go to hacdiscmount then open the rawnand file then dump the fileswith 1 2 3 4 5 6 at the end of the name then dump system then restore them in hacdiscmount
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-downgrade-5-1-0-to-5-0-2.506315/ here is a tutorial I did on how to restore them
I have many bits of the nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ