Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Fracta7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinx definitely has the potential to become great, It just needs time
Reinx is dead, has never offered a single thing unique. Saying that is not shitting on it, it's just how it is. I dont think anyone would miss or live without a single thing if REI quit today. I'm happy the guy makes free Homebrew and all. However doesn't change the fact that it's pointless.

Reactions: Owenge

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinx is dead, has never offered a single thing unique. Saying that is not shitting on it, it's just how it is. I dont think anyone would miss or live without a single thing if REI quit today. I'm happy the guy makes free Homebrew and all. However doesn't change the fact that it's pointless.
I see your point, but I feel like Rei might have something he/she is working on.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
SX OS has XCI loading.
Atmosphere is more polished/less crashy, has support for sysmodules.
Which is better depends on whether XCI loading is important to you or not. But since you can play every game as NSP I don't see that as an important feature. Sysmodules and less crashing is more important to me.

Fracta7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReiNX is currently the only CFW to officially support a qLaunch re-implementation with DeltaLaunch.

Though I've heard hints of someone else working on their own qLaunch replacement.

Not to get too far off topic but I looked at into deltalaunch. It looks like a less polished version of team Qceans work. I'm going to put that in the nothing new department.

However Xortroll"s qlaunch looks cool. He has POC pictures posted here somewhere I think.

Last edited by Fracta7,

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to get too far off topic but I looked at into deltalaunch. It looks like a less polished version of team Qceans work. I'm going to put that in the nothing new department.

However Xortroll"s qlaunch looks cool. He has POC pictures posted here somewhere I think.
Just give it some time, maybe that’s why Rei is taking so long

elhefegaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... No custom kips, no retroarch support, not able to be configured, always behind on updates. I hardly consider the ability to run xci a qualification for "having the most".

I use it for XCI too, but to use words like "objectevly". Come on man... Just because you have to use your brain less does not make it better.

Forgot about retroarch, good point.
But what the hell does "not able to be configured" even mean.
Behind on updates? really? I'd say it comes out equally as fast as Atmos.

However, just based on the retroarch thing I'd say I would have to pick Atmos as the best. Retroarch is a pretty important functionality (and it expands the game catalog a hundred times more), and given that you have emunand there's really no point in running XCI other than convenience of storage

Fracta7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot about retroarch, good point.
But what the hell does "not able to be configured" even mean.
Behind on updates? really? I'd say it comes out equally as fast as Atmos.

However, just based on the retroarch thing I'd say I would have to pick Atmos as the best. Retroarch is a pretty important functionality (and it expands the game catalog a hundred times more), and given that you have emunand there's really no point in running XCI other than convenience of storage

Not trying to argue with you but reinx doesn't even have support for 9.01 yet...

There are all kinds of configuration settings for Atmosphere.

Reinx has none that I'm aware of.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to argue with you but reinx doesn't even have support for 9.01 yet...

Progress on ReiNX has came to a halt on our end, but behind the scenes something big might be in progress

Reactions: Fracta7

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe a good point to say:

Since the early days of Switch hacks and their development I have only used SX OS as I have no idea of the capabilities of the others. I now have no idea what they are like, maybe someone wants to add a refresher of each?

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a good point to say:

Since the early days of Switch hacks and their development I have only used SX OS as I have no idea of the capabilities of the others. I now have no idea what they are like, maybe someone wants to add a refresher of each?
Atmosphere: Open source and the most widely used switch cfw (most supported by homebrew).

ReiNX: Like atmosphere just less updated and uses Custom plugins (I think)?

Lakka: Used for running emulators at there full potential (doesn’t run switch games/UI)

Reactions: LuigiXL

elhefegaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never even considered reinx. For me the discussion/comparison was always between SXOS and Atmos

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS, followed by Kosmos-modded atmosphere. Those are the best (in that order).

(Inb4 hate-replies [this is an unedited post])

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk