• Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I currently use Atmosphere. I think its the best for me now. I never tried XCI, because I don't like having many games, I just want the few that I like. So install speed doesn't bother me.
I know for those that want a big library of switch games on their SD Card XCI is very needed.
However, I will switch™ to ReiNX when emuMMC is released, if it is released. Not because of anime, I just like ReiNX's simple nature.

Kinda off topic but congrats to Owenge for making a CFW civil for 4 pages! :toot:

Reactions: Owenge

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently use Atmosphere. I think its the best for me now. I never tried XCI, because I don't like having many games, I just want the few that I like. So install speed doesn't bother me.
I know for those that want a big library of switch games on their SD Card XCI is very needed.
However, I will switch™ to ReiNX when emuMMC is released, if it is released. Not because of anime, I just like ReiNX's simple nature.

Kinda off topic but congrats to Owenge for making a CFW civil for 4 pages! :toot:
I know right!

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the only thing worth TXOS is HDD loading, but it's a paid CFW and it has doubtful future whether if they are able to keep TXOS constantly updated: when Ninty releases a major FW overhaul the TXOS is always the last one gets update after other free CFW, why? well all tempers here know the drill. You can't play xci games stored on HDD on the go.
The FREE solutions like reinx or atmosphere has their own crackers which showed the outstanding skills to keep their cfw updated to date whenever there's new OFW. Has no xci/HDD loading, but sd memory is not expensive, and NSP files take less storage than xci ones.
Free cfw is also open sourced and they are opened to whole community to help, improve, add or create new features. Meanwhile TXOS are too afraid to show their source codes. LOL

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing worth TXOS is HDD loading, but it's a paid CFW and it has doubtful future whether if they are able to keep TXOS constantly updated: when Ninty releases a major FW overhaul the TXOS is always the last one gets update after other free CFW, why? well all tempers here know the drill. You can't play xci games stored on HDD on the go.
The FREE solutions like reinx or atmosphere has their own crackers which showed the outstanding skills to keep their cfw updated to date whenever there's new OFW. Has no xci/HDD loading, but sd memory is not expensive, and NSP files take less storage than xci ones.
Free cfw is also open sourced and they are opened to whole community to help, improve, add or create new features. Meanwhile TXOS are too afraid to show their source codes. LOL
Damn... this is really well said.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you quantify that? 9.0.1 is 314mb zipped, atmosphere 0.9.4 is 4.94mb zipped

Atmosphere isn't really "firm", it relies on an exploit to load it which makes it "soft"
Firm is the 819/81A/81B/81C system data archives. It contains package1, package2, and bct. Which is the bare minimum necessary for it to really be an OS and is the only part of the entire OS that’s flashed onto something as a firmware would be.
The entirety of package1 is reimplemented by atmosphere, and most of package2 is reimplemented by atmosphere (only FS and the kernel haven’t been reimplemented)

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on a number of factors

If you want free cfw which get regular updates, homebrew support, no restrictions, does not openly support piracy & recommended by many devs than Atmosphere & Reinx are the way to go.
If you want a paid cfw which updates are slow or broken, lack of homebrew support (Flycast core doesn't work), Usb loading, open support for piracy, license fee. Than SX OS is for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk